Chapter 27 - Holy Sh- (Re-Uploaded)

Bones cracked, skin stretched and faces contorted. One of the boys drops to his knees and pulls at his hair which falls out, sticking to his melting skin. His shoulders broaden, ripping his clothes whilst his knees snap, bending the other way. The other boy scratched at his face, his body seems to be staying the same but I notice him spitting out teeth whilst razors take their place. His eyes sink in to his skull, leaving two black holes in his face.

A high pitched scream has me turning to one of the girls and covering my ears, her back arches whilst something tries to come out of her back near her shoulder blades. Two bony appendages burst out, causing blood to spray on the ground and anyone standing too close. They look like bat wings, all leathery and slimy due to the blood clinging to them. She crumples on the ground and convulses. I choke on the bile rising in my throat. The other girl seems to have frozen, her eyes have glazed over and her mouth is agape, yet a snake like tongue flicks out and tickles the air. My gaze meet Fleur’s, she looks frightened and her skin looks sickly pale, she takes two steps towards me but a flash of Luke’s scythe near her throat has her cowering back.

"I… I’m human!" she shrieks. The boy with the sunken eyes screeches. I bring my hands up to my ears in an attempt to block the inhuman and painful noise. Fleur collapses on the floor sobbing. She, too, is covering her ears. The girl with the snake tongue lies down, as if she was going for a nap. I watched, unable to take my eyes away, as her legs moulded together in a sickly fashion and thousands of bug like legs grow out of the sides, getting smaller the closer you get to the end of her... tail? It was like a centipede, but the top half remained completely human. I get to her face and gasp, her snake like eyes meet mine with dark intent and her grin wracks my entire frame. Only four fangs remain, all the same length as my little finger. She is two of my worst fears in one... Bugs and snakes.

A pitiful wine causes Luke to roll his eyes. The boy whose skin was melting seems to have finished too. He now had pure red skin that looked leathery. He has grown to a staggering 8ft and his legs were bent backwards like an animal. A red tail swished behind him in agitation and his ears had pointed. He was ugly... very ugly, and difficult to look at. Luke's sigh was painful on my sensitive ears, poor Fleur had blood trickling out of hers. She being closer to the source of the sound seems to have caused her to suffer worse than me.

Luke's foot tapping on the ground annoys and baffles me, how can he not be affected by this?

Who are these people? What the hell are they?

"Are you done?" He asks in a bored tone.

"What do you exsssspect?" The bug-snake girl said. "We have not changed formsss in yearsss"

The boy with no eyes stares at me, well; I think he does, considering his lack of eyes and stuff. He grins at me too, amused by my fear. The winged bat girl tries to fly, but her wings are weak and flimsy, therefore she is not able to get further than three inches off the ground.

"Not my problem, none of you should be here." Luke growls, gripping his scythe tighter. The red skinned thing was next to speak, but it was in a language I didn’t understand, it was a series of grunts and growls, coming from both his mouth and chest. Luke seemed to have understood perfectly because he replies in the same way. I couldn’t help but notice how hot the growls sounded coming from him and watched in awe as he effortlessly conversed with the creature. Not the time to be getting hot Emma.

"Emma." I look to Luke, his face softens slightly. "Go with Sam." He nods behind me. I turn and see Sam leant against a tree glaring at the monsters. I look back to Luke, pleading with my eyes, trying to make it obvious I don’t want to leave him. He bends forward and presses his lips to my cheek, sending sparks dancing across my skin. "Go, please." He whispers. The desperation in his tone gets me moving, I jog towards Sam, who takes my shoulders and examines me for injuries. He scowls at my cut hand, but otherwise I just have some bruises from being so roughly handled.