Chapter 17 - Jamie

I have no idea how long I've been in Templum, but I did befriend this adorable little boy named Jamie. His little cherub face made me want to pinch his cheeks and squish him in a big, warm, squishy hug. He is attached to my hip all the time. He looks about seven, but I found out he was actually over 20, to say I was shocked would be an understatement. But I still find him adorable.

I especially love his fluffy light blue wings. He still gets creeped out when I touch them, even though I explained he needed to get used to it. They were just so fluffy!

I was in the kitchen talking with Gladys, who was actually the lady I met my first day here. She lost her wings a very long time ago in an accident; so long ago, I don’t think I could comprehend her age. We were discussing my education when Lazriel comes in. He sits himself gracefully next to me, picking grapes from the fruit bowl in front of him.

“I have managed to organize a meeting with Luke in peaceful territory.” He says, then pops another grape into his mouth. His casual demeanour completely contradicts the severity of the situation.

“What if I don’t want to?” I hiss. Gladys had come to my side, and it comforts me knowing she is on my side. I confided in her everything that happened and she was completely understanding and supportive.

“It’s in the world’s best interest if you do.” Is his blunt reply.

“The world’s?”

“Yes, he is punishing people, like your classmates, because they don’t know where you are. If you are going to reject him, you need to do it. His instincts are screaming at him to do everything in his power to find you. A power he is gradually losing control of, Emma." Lazriel smiles sympathetically. The gravity of the situation hits me.

"What do you mean he is gradually losing control of his powers?" I'm surprised he heard me, my voice was so quiet. "It sounds like a bond is an awful thing."

"Most bonds accept each other within a couple of days of meeting. Because you have neither accepted, nor rejected him, I guess you can say he is a bit haywire, he need you for balance and control. Our escort will be here in an hour." He stands, wings ruffling against his back, then exits the room. I feel like there is a little gray cloud above my head that follows me everywhere. What if. when I see him, the feelings come back? I have been getting really close to Raziel, maybe even like him.  What if all that goes out the window because I still love Luke?

A squeal brings me from my nervous thoughts, followed by a little person launching himself at me. "Emma! Guess what!" He giggles, his cheeks are flushed and his eyes are sparkling.

"What?" I cannot help but share his excitement.

"I'm going to meet my daddy! He's been on the earth land." He grins. He wiggles on my lap, bursting with happiness. 

"Really, wow! Is your mummy excited? What does your daddy do on the earth land?" I smile, ruffling his soft chestnut locks, it's cute he calls earth the 'earth land'. Little does he know it's practically just below him. I learnt that Templum was a place between earth and heaven.

He frowns. "My mummy is with the man in the sky, and my daddy is a warrior." He smiles again. "She tells me she is happy and proud of the big strong man I've become." He puffs out his little chest. I'm speechless. He hasn't had either of his parents with him? I squeeze him is a big hug.

"I bet she is" I kiss his cheek, making him giggle again.

"Are you hungry, Jamie?" Gladys asks, making him nod vigorously.

"I need to eat a lot to be a strong angel." He straightens his shoulders. He is just so freaking cute. Gladys just chuckles and sets off making sandwiches. When she places them in front of him, he digs in and I play with his hair to pass the time. 

"You would make an excellent mother." Gladys smiles. I stiffen. I'm only 17. I'm nowhere near ready for children

"I like kids." I awkwardly smile. "I'm an only child, so i guess i don't see the cheeky monkey side of things with children" Gladys chuckles and pata my shoulder affectionately.

All to soon, Lazriel enters. "It's time to go." Then swiftly exits again. Jamie's jumps off my shoulder and runs, yelling "Is my daddy here?" I feel a small smile settle on my face, even though I am about to go see Luke. Butterflies are wreaking havoc in my tummy.

I make my way to the foyer to meet with Lazriel, gently humming a song my daddy used to sing me to comfort myself. I hear Jamie's laughter echo through the house, and it makes me happy that he and his father hit it off well. I see Raziels wings first, so golden you would think they were solid. He turns and grins at me, his eyes twinkling at seeing me. Lazriel, noticing Raziels absence from the conversation, smiles warmly at me. Mr Melbourne had always been my favourite teacher. There was Miss Clarkson, but she was evil for an angel. If she could, she would probably beat us all repeatedly with a ruler.

Raziel wraps me in his muscular arms. He has finshed becoming his true self, and he was hot. Pure muscle. It was actually a little too much in places like his arms. He was tall too, 6'5 if I remember correctly. Once he had set me down, I look for Jamies dad, excited to meet him. 

All my breath wooshes out of me. 

"Emma, Emma! Meet my daddy!" Jamie grabs my hand and tugs me closer. But I'm speechless, I probably look like a fish right now, my mouth opening and closing. "Daddy, meet my best friend Emma!" He gives a big toothy smile.

Well, shit just hit the fan.