The Next Day (Monday)

There's only about a month left of school. Prom is coming soon and went shopping with Jo over the weekend. I got a red off-the-shoulder floor length dress, that has a high-waisted cut. I paired it with silver pumps and accessories. That should've been Chris and I shopping. Planning what to wear, helping each other out. I thought alot about what Jo said to me over the weekend. I decided to talk to him this week. We need to figure things out. I go to school and receive texts in Chem. I look and it's Chris:

"Can we talk?"

I show the text to Jo and without her saying I know what to say back.

"Yes, when are you free?"

"Come over after school."

"K."

I feel a queasiness ripple through my stomach. I almost reprimand what I just told him. But I push myself and say, "You need this Cathy. Make things right." Jo nods at me and I smile. School ends slow and painful. The clocks tick by slower and slower. I just want to leave. BRING! I'm free. I dash to my car and drive to Chris's. When I reach there, I have that queasiness again, and almost turn back. I ring the doorbell and just wait.

"Hey Cathy." Chris greets. He looks a little...disappointed.

"Hi, you wanted to talk?"

W"Yea come on in." I walk in and cool air greets me in the living room. I sit down, Chris next to me. "I've been thinking," I start.

"About what you said to me last time?" he continues.

"Yea. I feel like I was too quick to push you away."

"Cathy, not to be rude or anything, did you think it through before telling me?"

"...No. I guess I hated the fact that we couldn't see each other often. I just wanted it to be us, Chris."

"Ok, now that you've realized, what else do you want to say?"

"I'm sorry." tears forming. "Sorry, that I pushed you away and hurt you." The next thing I feel is a warmth. Chris wraps his arms around me and we sit in silence. He lifts my face, so I'm forced to see him and says, "I'm sorry too." his tears glimmer in the light.     "For not being there for you."

"You were always there Chris."

"Not then. I want to make this work Cathy, I really do."

"Me too."

"So all is good?"

"I told you we would find each other again. All we needed was time to recover ourselves from what was happening." I smile.

"I'm glad."

Our lips touch and all is gone. It's nothing but him and I. The queasiness leaves, filling that space with love. I realized that being apart from him was something I didn't want to experience. Those couple days were hard. But now, I don't have to feel alone anymore. We are together forever, never apart. We break away, and I lean onto him. He strokes my hair softly and whispers, "I love you." I smile and look at him. He smiles back and I hug him a little tighter.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 07, 2019 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Time to Move Onजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें