Heart of Darkness

"Bonnie." I sighed into my phone as I shut the car door. "We're starting to worry about you. Call me or call Elena or Caroline. Just call someone, please." I stated before hanging up as I walked toward Caroline, Matt and Elena who stood in town square.

"Mr. Saltzman was like the most normal guy in town." Matt stated in disbelief and Caroline folded her arms over her chest in agreement.

"Is it weird that Bonnie's not returning my calls?" I asked once I was standing in front of the three of them.

"I mean, you did kill her mom." Elena pointed out coldly and I rose an eyebrow at her as she turned away from me. Caroline looked at me with a guilty glance and I rolled my eyes.

"Pretty sure I did that to save you, including the part where I almost killed myself while I was at it. I think that's a dead issue by now. Literally." I replied in annoyance but Elena didn't respond.

"Is it weird that Klaus' brother is in the middle of town square?" Matt stated, changing the subject and looking away from us. I rose an eyebrow, following his gaze to see Finn walking by the fountain with a red headed woman.

"That's Finn.. I thought he left town." I replied with furrowed brows before I dialed into my phone again and put it to my ear as Caroline put her hair behind her ear, listening in on their conversation.

"Hey." Stefan stated once he answered his phone and I sighed, walking away from the three.

"Hey. Where are you?" I asked, looking back over my shoulder at Finn.

"Just got home. Why?" Stefan replied in a curious tone and I gave a dry chuckle.

"Klaus' brother Finn is in town square. He's with some ex-girlfriend or something, by the looks of it." I informed, watching the two gawk and flirt with each other.

"Ex-girlfriend? Guys' been in a coffin the last nine hundred years." Stefan pointed out and I rose an eyebrow. "Sage. It's got to be Sage." He added in an assertive tone.

"Well, we have an opportunity. How do you want us to do this?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and Stefan took a deep breath from the other side of the phone.

"Listen to me, Mariana. Do not do anything, ok? Sage is very old and very strong. You don't stand a chance against her. Not alone at least." Stefan warned in a stern voice and I sighed in defeat.

"Then get Damon and get down here." I demanded in annoyance before silence came from the phone, making me raise an eyebrow.

"What the hell happened to you?" Stefan asked in the background and I folded my arms over the one that held the phone.

"Rebekah happened." Alaric's voice replied from the other side and I furrowed my eyebrows at them.

"Stefan?" I asked impatiently before he sighed deeply.

"I think we have a problem.. Stay where you are." He warned and I slowly shook my head before we hung up and I looked back at Matt, Caroline and Elena. I took a step toward them before I saw visions flash through my head. Klaus.. Chandeliers and.. Bonnie. I furrowed my eyebrows and groaned, going to fall forward but Caroline vamped towards me, catching me.

"Mariana?" Caroline asked in concern as she stood me up again, not letting go. I breathed heavily as I replayed the images in my head, trying to put the pieces together. "Are you okay?" She added in worry and I slowly nodded as Matt and Elena rushed over to us also.

"I'm fine." I reassured them as I remembered the images. "Stefan's on his way. I have to go." I added in a rushed tone before I quickly walked away from them.
~~~