Bite Me

"I'm not saying don't date the guy, I'm just saying to take it slow." Bonnie informed cautiously, eyeing Elena while we got out of her car.

"You were the one who said to go for it." Elena countered, furrowing her eyebrows at Bonnie in confusion.

"Now, I'm saying to take it slow." Bonnie protested with a nod and I rose my eyebrow.

"Then what's the about-face?" I asked, shaking my head at her as we walked towards the school.

"It's not an about-face." Bonnie answered with a shrug but I looked at her skeptically, making her sigh. "She's single for the first time in her entire high school career, it's the perfect time to play the field." She added and Elena chuckled, scoffing lightly.

"Oh, because I'm so that girl." Elena stated as she eyed Bonnie who rolled her eyes in amusement. "Seriously, what are you not saying?" El asked and I watched Bonnie shrug it off.

"It's stupid." She replied in defeat, looking away to avoid the question and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Bonnie." I stated in annoyance and grabbed her shoulder, stopping her. "Spit it out." I added, tilting my head while Elena crossed her arms over her chest.

"I accidentally touched Stefan's hand the other night—And I got a really bad feeling." Bonnie answered in defeat.

"Is that it?" Elena asked, making Bonnie scoff and turn, about to walk away but I pulled her back.

"Bonnie." I said sternly and she looked at Elena with concern in her eyes.

"It was bad-bad." Bonnie pointed out in annoyance.

"Is this the whole witch-mojo thing again?" I asked, tilting my head while Bonnie shook hers.

"You know what, I'm just concerned. This is me being concerned about my best friend's new boyfriend." Bonnie pointed out and Elena stepped forwards and put her hands on Bonnie's shoulders.

"And I love you for it, I do—But I feel good." Elena stated, shaking her head in reassurance. "It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to feel like things are getting back to normal again." She added with a shrug.

"And Stefan is a big part of that?" I asked sarcastically, watching her roll her eyes back at me in some amusement.
~~

"World war II, ended in—Miss Juan?" Tanner asked as he rose a stern eyebrow down at the student before she shrugged. I ignoringly drew circles in my notebook, waiting for this class to be over with already. "1945." Tanner answered himself and looked around the class skeptically.

"Psst." Elena whispered as she looked at Stefan who sat a row away from us. "FYI, our team sucks.. They could really use you." She pointed out with a flirtatious smirk. I looked up from my notebook and at Stefan curiously.

"You're trying out for the football team?" I asked, making Stefan shrug back.

"Pearl Harbor?" Tanner asked the class again from over our conversation and I rose my eyebrow at Stefan.

"Can't. I'm a loner." Stefan whispered back at us jokingly and I chuckled a bit.

"Miss Gilbert." Tanner stated loudly and I rose my eyebrow before Elena and I both turned our gazes to to him.

"Which one?" I asked bluntly, tilting my head up at him in boredom as I sat back in my chair carelessly.

"Well, since you had a mouthful to say the other day.. You. Pearl Harbor." Tanner answered in a petty tone and I rolled my eyes.