Stay Awhile

"Tell me you're not serious." Caroline stated in defeat from the phone and I sighed deeply, overlooking the water in front of me from where I stood on the shore.

"I wish I weren't. When we got back from looking for Jeremy, Shane and Bonnie were gone, too. Shane needs Bonnie to cast the spell on Jeremy's tattoo in order to find the cure, and he managed to sneak them both out from under our noses." I stated in annoyance and Caroline sighed.

"Well, where's Damon in all of this?" Caroline asked and I shrugged, looking away from the shore and towards Rebekah, Stefan and Elena who stood by me.

"We had an argument. I thought he went to take a walk but when we went to the beach, there were signs of struggle.

"Meaning what?" Caroline asked in a wary voice and I scoffed.

"Meaning someone probably jumped him and then grabbed him." I pointed out in annoyance and I heard Caroline pace from the phone.

"Do you think Shane took him?" She asked and I rolled my eyes in some amusement.

"No. Have you seen Shane? He's not strong enough to take Damon on, even with the element of surprise. He must have someone or at least a few someone's helping him." I replied as I folded my arms over by chest.

I am so sorry. I wish I was there to help." Caroline stated and I slowly nodded, tilting my head.

"Well, maybe there's something you can do from home." I suggested as I rose an eyebrow.

"Anything. Tell me." Caroline agrees quickly and I slowly nodded and looked towards Elena who rose an eyebrow.

"So Shane's looking for the cure. We think we can find him. We have pictures of Jeremy's tattoo, but we just can't translate the map." I pointed out as Caroline sighed from the other side.

"Unless you get the hunter's sword from Klaus." Caroline countered and I nodded in agreement.

"Exactly." I stated before Rebekah sighed loudly and put her hands on her pockets.

"He'll never give up the sword." Rebekah stated towards Stefan who shrugged.

"Yeah, but if anyone's going to get him to give it up, it's Caroline." Stefan pointed out and I nodded in agreement at him.

"He will never give up the sword. Not even for Caroline. He's terrified we'll use the cure against him to make him mortal, and even if he wasn't, he wouldn't want any of us to derive a moments worth of happiness from being human." Rebekah argued and Stefan furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well, maybe he doesn't have to give it up. Klaus is stuck in Elena's house by Bonnie's spell. He can't go anywhere. There's only so many places you can hide a 3-foot piece of metal." Stefan countered loudly towards the phone so Caroline could hear him clearly.

"I'll find it. Don't worry. Just email me photos of Jeremy's tattoo." Caroline stated and I looked at Elena who got on her phone. "I'll find the sword and call you back." She added more quietly and I slowly nodded.

"Thank you, Caroline." I stated, sighing in some relief before we both hung up.
~~~

Elena, Stefan and I sat on the shore while Rebekah stood apart from us, trying to get a signal on her phone. "And once again, everyone's life is in danger looking for this cure because poor Elena can't deal with being a vampire." Elena stated as she tossed rocks away from her.

"No, everyone's here because they want to be. Not just for you, but for themselves, too." Stefan replied and Elena shook her head at him.

"Stefan, why didn't you tell me that you wanted the cure for yourself?" Elena asked furrowing her eyebrows at him.