Patient Secrets

"Hey, Bonnie.. It's me. Just checking in, seeing how you're doing." I stated into the phone as I sat on the porch. "We miss you here.. Don't let your aunt drive you too crazy." I added, smiling  at the thought as Jenna came up the steps. "Call me soon, okay?" I asked, sighing in defeat and hanging up the phone.

"What are you doing out here? It's cold." Jenna said with a smile as she tilted her head at me.

"Thinking mostly." I answered and looked away from her. "The funeral for Grams.. It brought back a lot of memories about mom and dad—I was wondering, you said you'd do some digging about them. The adoption?" I asked, looking up at Jenna again and she slowly nodded.

"Right." She nodded in agreement and I rose an eyebrow.

"So did you? Dig?" I asked and she smiled again and gestured to the door.

"Come inside and we'll get Elena." Jenna replied and I furrowed my eyebrows at her.
~~~

"Your father kept everything from his medical practice. Records, logs, old appointment books." Jenna stated as she, Elena and I sat at the table while she flipped through a small book that used to be our dad's. "I found an entry from the night you were born." She added with a smirk and looked between us. "Patient and a birth date. Isobel Peterson." Jenna stated, pointing down at the name.

"Do you think that's her real name?" Elena asked in excitement and I rose an eyebrow.

"Pregnant teenage runway? Probably not. First name, maybe." I answered and shook my head while Jenna nodded in agreement.

"But where'd she get Peterson? Classmate? Best friend?" Jenna asked and gestured at her laptop in front of her before typing away. "So, I binged it. Searching for all of the Peterson's in this area born the same year as Isobel—and I found three." Jenna informed and I furrowed my eyebrows at the screen of names. "Two men and a woman—Trudie, who lived in GroveHill Virginia." She stated, looking between Elena and I again.

"That's not far from here." Elena stated with a smile and Jenna smirked.

"Well, watch this." Jenna pointed out and typed into the keyboard again. I furrowed my eyebrows and watched as she managed to pull up a picture of two girls in cheerleading outfits. A blonde and a brunette and under the picture, their names. 'TRUDIE PETERSON and ISOBEL FLEMMING'..

"Isobel." I whispered, examining at the picture carefully and Elena smiled at the woman. Hazel eyes, light skin and dark hair.

"She was a cheerleader." Elena informed with an excited smile, making Jenna chuckle and grabbed a sticky note from beside her.

"Trudie still lives there." Jenna stated, handing the sticky note to Elena. "This is her address." She added and I furrowed my eyebrows down at it.

"What about Isobel?" I asked and watched Jenna sigh before looking back at the laptop.

"I—couldn't find anything about her." Jenna answered with a shrug.. But I could tell there was something she wasn't telling us. I narrowed my eyes down at her in challenge and watched her look away from me in defeat.
"There's something else.. Mr. Saltzman, Ric?—His wife used to live around here." Jenna added, looking between Elena and I with a serious expression. "And her name was also Isobel." She informed, making Elena shake her head.

"Wait.. 'was'? As in.." Elena started, leading off quietly and Jenna stared back at us in disappointment.

"She died." Jenna admitted after a few moments. I looked at Elena who stared down at the address in her hand, unsure of what to do.
~~~

"Wait.. So Alaric's wife might have been your mother?" Stefan asked in confusion toward Elena who put a few things away in her dresser.

"It can't be true, right? I mean, the coincidence alone, is crazy." Elena countered and I sat in silence and watched them from her bed. "But.. I have the address for her friend, Trudie." She added, holding the sticky note up to Stefan.