History Repeating

"Have you talked to Bonnie?" Elena asked Caroline as we walked beside the busses towards school.

"No, I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move." Caroline answered in determination and I rolled my eyes.

"Be the bigger person." I countered in protest, shaking my head at her and she scoffed.

"Uch—Impossible in her presence." Caroline stated, shaking her head back at me.

"Why are you so pissed at her, anyway?" Elena asked, raising her eyebrow and holding her books closer to her chest.

"She's a thief, that's why. I gave her my necklace and she refused to give it back." Caroline answered with a shrug. "It's a matter of principle." She stated in a matter of fact tone and I shrugged.

"Alright, alright.. Well—we tried. We're officially out of it." I pointed out and sighed in defeat.

"Good.. Your turn. Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him?" Caroline asked, turning to Elena and raising her eyebrow.

"He's avoiding me." Elena answered and I sighed at how diss-interested in the conversation she looked.

"Why?" Care asked in confusion and I folded my arms over my chest.

"It's complicated." I replied, saving Elena and shaking my head as I heard the first bell ring. "I'll see you later." I smiled quickly at Caroline before Elena and I walked away from her, towards the front doors.

"Bye." Caroline replied, nodding at us. Elena and I walked into school and down the halls before going into our history class. I looked look at Stefan's desk that was empty and I sighed in defeat. Elena sat down in the third row of desks, fourth seat and I sat down behind her in the fifth. The school bell ran again just as Bonnie rushed in hurriedly, going to her desk.

"Good morning, everyone." The new teacher greeted as he came in after Bonnie. I furrowed my eyebrows at her once she sat down, observing how shaken up she looked. I looked at Elena and saw the look of notice on her face as well. I turned back to the front of the class as the teacher rubbed his hands together from where he stood in front of the chalk board. He grabbed the chalk and started murmuring to himself as he wrote something. I looked back at Bonnie who looked met my gaze and I furrowed my eyebrows.

'Are you okay?' I mouthed and she gave me a small shrug before I slowly nodded and looked back at the chalk board.

"Alrighty. Alaric Saltzman." The teacher stated as he turned to the class and smiled. "It's a mouthful, I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here to Texas is 1755. I however, was born and raised in Boston." Alaric stated and I turned to Elena who shrugged at Bonnie. "Now, the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather that I will never be able to thank enough." Alaric stated and I smirked at him. "Now, you'll probably want to pronounce it Ala-Ric, but it's Al-Aric.. So you can just call me Ric." He said, folding his arms over his chest towards us. "I'm your new history teacher." He informed and I rose my eyebrow and sat back in my seat.
~~~~

"And then I ended up at the remains of old Fell's church before I woke up back in the woods." Bonnie informed from where she sat across from me at a lunch table.

"And you always see your ancestor Emily?" I asked, making Bonnie nod in agreement. "Huh." I stated, thinking it over.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" She asked in a rushed tone and I rose an eyebrow and tilted my head.

"Two weeks ago, I'd say no, but now—" I started but Bonnie cut me off.

"I think I'm being haunted." She pointed out frantically and I rose an eyebrow.