❄53) Pondering 🌺

Start from the beginning

"Uh.." You looked down at your rice covered trousers and frowned, "I guess so.."

//////// Many outfits later...

"I think.." Hinatsuru's hand fixed your family hairpin.

"Our work, " Makio mischievously slapped your rare making you yelp.

"Is done, all done!!" And Suma pinched your cheeks, "Go to them and make us proud!"

You turned to the mirror and pouted, "You guys shouldn't have.."

The pure white fabric felt wonderful on your skin, and not to mention the blue obi

Indeed, the specific blue was for Giyu, but they didn't know that at all.

"It was nothing, now hurry and deliver it before training hours begin!" Makio shoved a bowl of rice buns into your arms and ushered you away.

"R-Right.." You started your fast journey to his whereabouts.

..but this ended up taking longer than expected, as the antisocial man hid well when he wanted to.

"Damn it, who am I kidding, I'll never find that coal headed-"

"(Y/n)...?" You gasped, turning around from hearing the intimidating and deep tearful voice..

That belonged to none other than the Rock Pillar himself, "G-Gyomei..! Sorry, I was just trying to find Giyu!"

His frown slowly turned to a straight line as he spoke, "He may be in this area actually, so don't lose hope.."

You nodded, bowing and holding out the basket, "W-Would you like one..?"

To your shock and horror, your kind offering made the man start to weep once again, and you started profusely apologising until he gladly accepted your gift.

And just after that was over, you indeed spotted the man who you had been looking for!

Trouble is, he didn't seem to be in a good mood.. At all...

You guessed Tanjirou must've heard about Sabito's death, from his teary-eyed expression. And Giyu wasn't even facing the poor boy!

You crouched by a tree and frowned, having to take in the moment before you.

"G-Giyu-san, isn't what Sabito entrusted to you, keeping you two together?"

He couldn't see, but his words made the man's eyes widen as he seemed as though a flashback hit him in the chest.

He held his cheek a few seconds later, and turned towards Tanjirou, "Sorry for the delay, but I'll go train as well-"

"What the heck!?" You accidentally spat, instantly covering your mouth as both males turned to you, "Shit."

"What are you doing here (Y/n)?" Tanjirou completely blew your cover, waving at you to join them, "And what's that you got in your hands?"

"Rice balls.." You mumbled as Giyu studied your kimono and face, "I-I made them for you.."

You turned to the man, face turning dark red and shoved the basket into his hands.

"Thank you (Y/n), you look like you caught a fever though.." He picked up a ball and gave it to Tanjirou, "..would you like to join us?"

You stood up straight and turned to the teen, "You wouldn't mind me going.. Surely that would be intrusive!"

"Nonsense (Y/n), we're going as a trio!" He hooked a friendly arm around your neck, "I'm sure Giyu-san would like to speak some more to you!"

"Okay I guess.." He grinned before walking ahead, leaving you both to talk.

Giyu started first as you walked beside him, "The kimono looks.. Pleasant, and again thanks for these."

'Just pleasant?!' Your brow twitched at his aloof comment.

You looked down and brushed it off whilst shaking your head, "It was nothing, I just wanted to do something productive.."

"Well, I'm sure they will go well with the noodles we're about to have, " He held the basket in one hand, and grabbed yours out of the blue.

"Giyu..!" You looked up to the man, "W-Won't people judge you?"

To your quiet question, he shook his head, letting go of your hand to take a bun. He bit the whole thing in half, and pressed the other half to your lips until you took it.

'He's acting so damn strange!'

Whilst you ate the food he had randomly given to you, your eyes travelled up to his face, and upon his cheeks was a soft scarlet tint that made your heart flutter again.

"..(Y/n), I made a vow to protect you," His sincere voice melted your soul, "So do you know what that means?"

You gulped and shook your head slowly as he softly blinked,

"It means... I don't care what others have to say quite frankly."

Oooooooh shit not againnnnnn.

Thanks for reading 😭❤