Chapter 18

*Ciel's POV*

Once I left Kitten's room I had a little funny feeling in my chest and it only started when she hugged me a few minuets ago. 'I wonder what in the world it is... probably nothing' I thought walking back to my study. 'she is a little cute though. those ears of hers don't look too bad on her makes her look a little cuter honestly... having that said Lizzy might like her because of that.' I thought looking out the window 'wonder how is Lizzy going to take it... To everyone she is simply going to be a maid of mine so there isn't really any reason for Lizzy to act any "special" way about it. She will just my maid and nothing else to them but my pet to me but even if I told Lizzy that what's wrong with me having a pet. She's probably the only cat I'll ever be able to have so why would it be any big deal. But as I said before it isn't a big deal so there is no reason for me to continue thinking as if it is' Once I finished that thought I went bad to my work. After an hour or two Sebastian came in and said, "young master you seem to have taken quite a liking to your guest haven't you? Though if you two continue the way you are one of you might get your feeling hurt along with their heart." "Sebastian for the last time I have no liking of any kind you are thinking of for that girl. She is simply and at most a friend of mine nothing more but plenty room for less." I said a little annoyed that Sebastian want's to say such things of me. "Like I would ever care much any for some girl off the streets that probably can't even take care of herself. Besides she has finally agreed to be my maid so there is no room for friendship let alone anything else." I said stubbornly. Sebastian only smirked and said, "Well young master the way you too play with one another you look far too close. But putting that aside when will she start working and what will her chores be?" "Once we find the killer if it is not her she will start the day they are in prison and the main chore that she will receive is helping you and Bernard cook the rest of her chores will be decided later." I sated bored, "but you are quite welcome to start teaching her how to act properly and how to be a maid along with it." "Yes young master," was the normal answer from my butler and also his way of excusing himself. I sighed and went back to my work. Later Sebastian came in to tell me dinner was ready. I nodded and asked, "is Kitten already waiting?" "funny I'm not allowed to call her Kitten because I never asked yet I didn't hear the young master ask either but she isn't upset about that," Sebastian mumbled forgetting I could hear quite will. "Well Sebastian if it bothers you so then why don't you go ask once I get her up," I said with a smirk to show that I could hear every word that was probably supposed to stay in his head and not leave his mouth. Sebastian gave a small nod and said, "young master I do hope you know I will not allow you to steal her from me so easily especially while you are engaged." "Having heard you said that I might just try my luck with her just to see just how badly you want her," I said smirking and making my way to her room. "Young master you are quite aware of how fond I am of black cats and I do not think it wise of you to test one's desire for another it can get messy," I heard my butler say in a low growl. "I do hope that is not a threat Sebastian," I said not paying much attention to what he actually said. "no no of course not young master it was simply a warning," he said in a bit of a threatening tone.

*Your POV*

I woke up to hear Sebastian and Ciel's voices. I just sighed and looked out the window so see it poring down rain but sensing something outside. I walked over to the window and looked to where I was sensing something but there wasn't anything there that I could see. Sebastian walked in and next to me only to freeze. I guess he sensed it too. It feels like it is a demon but one double the strength of Sebastian. Ciel looked at us and said, "Is there something wrong." "No just had a nightmare that's all," I lied but smiled at him all the same. Ciel gave a little nod and said, "I would like it if you eat dinner with me." I shook my head and said, "no that's alright I'm not hungry and honestly if you don't mind I'd like to attempt to go back to sleep please?" Ciel just sighed and said, "Are you honestly that tired." I nodded. He just gave me another nod and said, "fine then go back to sleep but if I catch you up I will punish you for lying understand so if I catch you, you best have a good explanation." I gave him a nod and said with a great big smile, "night night Ciel sleep tight and have sweet dreams." He just sighed and said, "yes I wish you all the same. but I still do not have sweet dreams." "Then start dreamin' of kissin' your girlfriend already and start smilin',' I said with a grin. Ciel turned on his heals quick and Sebastian stared at me surprised that I would actually say something like that to Ciel. "My dreams, love life, and me smiling are none of your concern nor are they connected so do not talk as if you know anything of me when you are quite ignorant of me." Ciel barked before he could bit his tongue. Sebastian's eyes only got wider at how his master was acting. "I Kitten you know I- " "fine then if you want to get soo upset about something that you yell about it then I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut around you and go home since I get on your nerves so badly." I cut him off and started for the door. "Now Kitten I believe we had a little agreement and I do believe I told you that you will stay until I find the murder," Ciel said grabbing my wrist. "Then why don't you start looking a little harder because I'm sure your tired of me by now," I said yanking my wrist out of his grip and walking over to my bed and throwing myself down on it. "Now now Kitten you know you should not get on my nerves. and if it would make you feel any better I'll give you another dose of what you had-" "go eat your dinner before it gets cold and keep your and your butler's hands of of me if either of you want to keep them understand." I said looking Ciel dead in his eye. He looked at me and got a little stiff and said, "Fine then I'll go." And at that he left a little quick.