Chapter Four: Stepbrother

The young man smiled amorously as soon as you walked past him. The last thing he expected that night was to see you, yet he ended up being able to touch you and converse with you. You were indeed ravishing in his eyes, however he didn't let his raging hormones take over him.

You tried escaping through the crowd of elites, cautious and slightly tensed. Some of them were giving you suspicious looks, as you acted strangely, occasionally covering half of your face with your birch colored handkerchief whenever you walk past people you know.

The pathway was barely seen as you struggled to squeeze in through the sea of upperclassmen and women. You thought you were about to beat a retreat when you bumped into a heavily built man, causing you to stumble back on the ground.

As was anticipated, it alarmed people. Some gasping at the sight of you on the floor, your head hanging down, your dress slightly soaked with wine. And after a few minutes, whispers were already heard throughout the place.

However, out of numerous people around you, only one person initiated to offer a hand.

"Are you okay, miss?" The same deep and husky voice from earlier asked. He lowered his hand, gesturing you to take it.

"Yes," you said, almost in a whisper. You refused to lift your head, afraid they might recognize you. You accepted his hand as he carefully pulled you up by your arm. "Thank you." You added.

Everyone took their eyes off you as soon as you stood up from falling lamely. Somehow it made you breathe at ease.

"My lady."

Out of nowhere, Jimin's voice was heard. It sounded like relief and instantly, you felt as though you were finally secured.

Jimin's gentle hand pulled you away from the young lad who helped you. He placed you behind his back protectively, sliding his hand from your elbow down to your hand, while he was still glowering at the tall man before him.

"I'll escort you to your room," he said in a monotonous voice, cutting eye contact with the man. His grasp tightened as he hastily dragged you upstairs, out of the sight of people. You didn't dare speak as you silently endured how hard he held your hand.

Once you stopped in front of your room, he released your hand from his grasp, and he turned to face you; his expression conveyed irritation that you didn't have to ask him anymore. The look on his face said it all. He was annoyed, and he hated you.

You were in deep turmoil; his gestures confused you. One minute he would be caring, and the next minute he would act like he despise you. Unknowingly, your hands was now balled into fists.

Jimin noticed the perplexity in your eyes, thus his expression softened. He sighed out before composing himself, "I told you, you are forbidden to join the banquet, my lady. What could have happened if I didn't see you there sooner, your father might have been punishing you by this time." Jimin sounded as though he was sincerely keeping you safe, however that wasn't the case at all. If your father found out you attempted to join the banquet, Jimin might lose his job, especially him failing at such an easy task, which was to keep you out of the banquet.

"I'm sorry," you said with a heavy heart. Refusing to look into his eyes, you walked straight in your room and locked your door. You headed to your bed, burried your face into your cozy pillow as tears started blurring your sight.

You felt suffocated, when all you wanted was freedom. And to be loved.

⊱ ──────────── ⊰

Jimin made his way downstairs, back to the banquet, where he saw someone very familiar to him. His eyes scrutinized the surrounding, but he failed to spot the person he was looking for.

He stopped on his feet to think for a moment, pondering on where could he possibly be. For someone who liked serenity, he could either be in the garden or at the terrace.

As was expected, he was indeed at the terrace, alone as he quaffed wine by himself.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked unwelcomely. He walked over beside the man, once again giving him a glare.

The man turned his head to him. "Feisty," he sang in a taunting manner as he was amused to see the irritated Jimin. To get on Jimin's nerves was his specialty after all.

Jimin clicked his tongue in annoyance and seized the glass of wine, spilling it out down the terrace. "Leave," he said, as though he was threatening him.

The other lad barked out a laugh, "Chill out, can you? Mr. Song doesn't know about us, unless you fail to do your job," he said, smirking hugely afterwards. "Anyway, how's your stay here so far? I saw you have this beautiful lass from earlier. I hope she doesn't interfere and be the cause of the abolishment of our plan."

"Taehyung," Jimin warned, "I have no time for romance. You know that's the last thing I desire."

Taehyung grinned at his response, "What a waste. If I were in your situation, I would definitely mix pleasure with business," he muttered softly, making Jimin's blood boil.

"That's so unlike you, to be interested in a woman who's already betrothed to someone else," Jimin mocked in attempts to get under his skin. "Leave, now," he warned for the second time, trying his hard to keep it cool. "If you're worried things would go downhill, I assure you it will not. This matter is almost as important as my life."

"Whatever," Taehyung said with an eye roll. "I'll leave on one condition; what is the name of the lass from earlier?"

Jimin's lips curled into a sneer, "I'll tell you her name when I'm finished with my job. After that, she's all yours."

───────────

I assure you things will get interesting once you live with Jungkook, the notorious businessman. 😈

HELLO BY THE WAY! Guess who just crawled back to writing? Hehe.