31 - ᴛʜᴇ sᴄᴀʀ

He took my shirt off, and started kissing my stomach, and suddenly stopped. He frowned, and looked at me.

-What's that ? he asked pointing a scar I had on the side of my chest.

I didn't want to talk about it.

-That's nothing, go on, I said bitting my lip.

-I wanna know.

-No no, go on.

-Y/N !

-Vinny ! Leave it, that's nothing.

-Tell me ! Even if it's nothing I wanna know !

I sighed.

-I hit the corner of a coffee table when I was four. Is that okay ?

He sat on the bed and stared at my scar. I lied to him. But I didn't want to talk about it. It was old.

-Why are you lying to me..? You don't trust me ?

-Vinny..-

-Tell me the truth, he said in a serious tone.

-I don't really wanna talk about it...

-Come on, please tell me, he said insisting.

I sighed. I knew he wouldn't like the explanation.

-When I was fifteen, my brother was seventeen and already a drug addict. One night he came back home totally wasted, and since I couldn't sleep that night I stayed in the living room until he was coming home. I don't know why, and never did know why, but he was mad, pissed and mean that night... I sighed. He repeatedly hit me for no reason that night. My brother is a whole different person when he is stoned. And he doesn't even know about it. He doesn't remember. My parents don't know about it too. I didn't go to the hospital, even though I think I needed it. The morning after, my brother saw the bruises and asked me about what happened. I just told him I got into a fight at school. He got mad about it and said he'd punch the one who did that, I said sighing and desperately laughing a bit at the same time.

His eyes were still staring at my scar. He looked me into the eyes and frowned.

-Why didn't you tell me ? Why have you been hiding it from me ? he said talking louder at each word.

-Vinny I don't-

-You don't what ? Why didn't you tell me ! That's not fine ! Your brother is just a danger to you and you're still living with that asshole ? You should have told me ! I'm just trying to protect you !

-Vinny calm d-

-Don't even say my name once more, he said getting up. If you can't trust me, he continued shrugging before leaving.

I started crying.

That's not that I couldn't trust him. I trusted him more than anyone else. I just didn't like to talk about it. It was difficult for me to talk about it.

Only Ryan knew about this story. He forced me to talk about it. He just knew I didn't get into a fight at school, since I was 24/7 with him at school.

He never told anyone.

I sighed, still crying, and buried my head into my pillow.

My family was just such a whole mess and, I just didn't feel like it was my family.

My true family was my friends and my boyfriend.

---

I calmed down and decided to text Ryan.