Chapter 1: Some Friends

Selena's P.O.V.

“Noooooooo! Selena say no to that punk!” Nick yelled. Chuckling at Nick, I rolled my eyes. Yeah sure, Justin was the punk. My hands leave my mouth as I look at Justin. He was still anticipating for my answer. Swallowing, I knew that I had made my decision.

“Yes!” I exclaimed with a smile. Justin looked shocked, relieved, and beyond happy all at once. He got up from one knee. He took my hand and removed the J-ring. Justin took the engagement ring out of the box and put the J-ring in. He slipped the box back into the pocket of his pants.

“Oh my gosh Justin! It’s beautiful!” I exclaimed. He slipped the ring on my ring finger. Taking a quick glance, it had a huge diamond right in the middle, with two on each side of it. Then a few diamond accents around the band. Looking back at Justin, I couldn’t help but smile.

This was all so unexpected, and so romantic. He seriously swept me off my feet. Goodness he’s so romantic! I just love it so much.        

I then crashed my lips into his. Right then and there, I could go into a full make out session with him, but I knew better. There were people watching, not to mention Justin’s mom is here in the audience somewhere. Taking my lips off of Justin’s we then took each other’s hands. We intertwined our fingers then faced the audience. We brought our hands up, and then bowed.

Both of our crowns fell to the floor, making us both burst out laughing. We both stood back up ignoring the crowns, which were now on the floor. Looking at my crown on the floor, I smiled. Tonight wasn’t about winning prom queen. Tonight was all about being Justin’s fiancé. Taylor came up behind us and stood in between us. I couldn’t see her face, but I could imagine how shocked she looked.

“Your prom queen and king of 2014,” Taylor said with shock in her tone. Yep, I was right. She was shocked. Everyone clapped awkwardly. No one was expecting that, well except for Justin.

The DJ put on a song and everyone went back to dancing; except for Justin, Taylor, and I. Justin and I turned to face Taylor, without letting go of each other’s hands. Taylor crossed her arms under her chest and shook her head. ‘What’s your problem?’ I thought.

“Dude, Justin, you can’t be serious. You’re only 18 and Selena’s 17! You guys are going to ruin your lives! We haven’t even graduated yet! Plus you guys can’t get married!” Taylor complained only looking at Justin. I leaned my body towards Justin, and then placed my other hand on his chest.

“We’re not going to ruin our lives! We love each other,” I argued. Justin quickly pecked my cheek. Taylor rolled her eyes then shook her head. Justin brought his lips over to my ear.

“Chaz and Ryan are calling me over. I swear I’ll be back as soon as I’m done. They’re probably going to congratulate us,” he whispered. Nodding, I let go of his hand. He took his lips away from my ear, then let go of my hand. He began to walk off; as he walked past Taylor she glared at him.

“Yeah you better stay away from her!” Taylor said rudely in a defensive tone.

“I’ll be back,” Justin said with a smirk. Taylor glared at him with annoyance.

“Yeah, wish you weren’t!” she yelled then looked at me. Justin just laughed it off. This is one of the things that I loved ever so much about him. He doesn’t let Taylor’s hate get to him.

“Taylor,” I spat with a stern glare. She shot the same glare back at me. Only this time she was angry. What was Taylor’s problem? She seemed more upset with me now, then when she was when I ran off to Paris with Justin.

“Taylor what the heck is your problem? I thought that you would be happy,” I said while taking the glare off my face.

“Oh my problem?!? You want to know my problem! Well take a seat, this is going to take awhile,” she complained. Crossing my arms under my chest, I rolled my eyes. Taylor was being so annoying right now. She should be happy for me! Not bringing the idea down. Some friend.