Chapter 04: Rainbow

Chapter Song - Rainbow by Kacey Musgraves (it fits with the month too sniff)

---

Shu pushed the key into his locker, opening the aged metal door. He had placed a couple of books in the past few days and a few things he'd need to get through the prolonged days of school. It was already Friday and from next week they were allowed to come to school from their dorms. As far as he knew, today, the roomates for each dorm would be chosen — As Valt said they used this lottery system to mix up students in the rooms so the hierarchy would be broken down, but Shu just couldn't see how class A will get along with their class — He stared at the sticker adorning the inside of his locker. He could only wish that Valt would be in the same room as him. He just couldn't see himself getting along with other kids so easily.

"Kurenai Shu, right?"

Shu was too invested in his thoughts that he didn't notice the blonde standing beside him, opening the lifeless locker beside him. He had never come across his locker mates before. It was a surprise to see the locker to his right belonged to Wakiya. "Yes," Shu answered, placing a hand on the strap of his bag. "Good morning."

Wakiya nodded, "Morning." His eyes were trained on the locker door Shu had opened, the sticker Valt had slapped across it the first day he had been there with him. The blonde smiled, "That was Valt, wasn't it?"

Shu blinked, realising Wakiya had an identical sticker on his own locker. "Did I accidentally sign up for some weird bread cult?"

To Shu's delight the blonde chuckled, closing his locker door after tossing some notebooks in. "You can say that." His voice was levelled, and this was the first time Shu had a one on one conversation after their brief interaction the first day at the studio. Sure, they had taken classes together but the class disparity hadn't allowed them to talk between those times.

Shu turned back to his locker and closed it when another person slid into the cramped corner of the hallway, a familiar face but he didn't quite catch the name of the person. It was the male who was with Edna the first day. "Oho~" He cooed, leaning against his locker and crossing his arms in mocking delight. "I didn't know they even mixed up the lockers between different classes. Just how desperate they are to make those Class E students better like us?"

Shu frowned, taking in the hostile tone and the carefree attitude. This guy sounded like bad news. "I'll get going now." He wasn't looking for trouble and this guy looked like the teen rock version of trouble. But to his dismay, Shu found the guy sliding to a stop in front of him.

"What's the hurry? Don't you want to get to know me?"

Shu considered this. No. He really didn't. But he didn't want to come off as rude for all he knew, Japanese people valued etiquette. He didn't grow up in this culture because of the constant movements, but his parents had drilled these things into his brain. Hence, Shu gave him a curt bow, "Kurenai Shu, nice to meet you."

His eyes slid along his body, Shu shifted under the strong gaze. "Ryuji," The guy said, not offering his last name and Shu didn't bother asking.

"Well, then-" Shu tried to sound bright and friendly the best he could. "See you around, Ryuji."

But the male didn't seem to have an idea of letting the albino go. He stood squarely in his path, blocking his procedure. Shu pressed his lips into a tight line when Wakiya intervened. He had almost forgotten the blonde was there. "That's enough, Ryuji." The male placed a firm hand on the shoulder of the taller. "Leave him alone."

Ryuji raised his brow, his eyes darting between the hand on his shoulder and the male in front of him. He didn't step away but Shu rounded him with a thankful glance to Wakiya. He didn't want to linger to see anymore trouble unfold. He only wanted to keep a low profile, survive high school and graduate. He was sticking to the plan.