Its been a month since the dinner that night. We never talk about that night, next morning haadi started ignoring me  its like the dinner didn't happened. I don't know what went wrong he seems  like he was enjoying that night with me. I was hurt because of his cold behaviour I thought we were progressing and I will enjoy working with him but next morning we were on square one again I don't know why but his change of behaviour was bothering me when it shouldn't have . That night after dinner  I also came to know about his uncle and aunt. His aunt told me about her infertility, to say I was shocked would be an understatement. She told me how Hadi and his sister filled that void in her life when she came to know that she couldn't conceive. she also told me how her husband became the piller of strength for her, how she gave all her love to both hadi and his sister which she wanted to give to her children. my heart filled with respect for that woman and her family. I wish I was strong like her and I had a family like she had.... I really admire her strength. my heart ache after Listening about her struggles and problems it was also because I could relate to her I was also going through the same pain which she felt years ago . I had this urge to go to that diner and meet her but after Hadi's behaviour I wasn't sure I didn't wanted him to get any wrong idea that why am being extra friendly or cozy with his family.

The voice of the door bell jolted me out of my thoughts.... I frowned I wasn't expecting anyone  naahid aapa was visiting her sister so she was away for whole week. Walking towards the main door I peek through the hole  only to see my best friend lurking across the door.... mahira is here.... OH SHIT MAHIRA IS HERE.... Oh double shit.....my eyes widened at door wishing it to just swallow me..... We planned to go out for shopping and I forgot and she is here and I am not even ready yet and I am rambling..... Relax Wafa no need to panic I am sure she is like you a normal human being she won't do anything......

Well I hope so

God I am going crazy, I am talking to myself

I took deep breath before opening the door

Here goes nothing

I opened the door revealing a smiling mahira... But her smile soon turned into a deep scowl when she saw that I was still in my pyjamas.

"hey you're here...." I said smiling widely at her trying to sound enthusiastic

"you are not ready" she stated walking inside sounding too calm for my liking

Uh.. Uhh

I smiled sheepishly at her after closing the door and gave her my best puppy look

Her scowled deepened at that. I sighed and closed my eyes ready to face her wrath  looks like my puppy look has lost its charm.

I opened my eyes when I didn't hea anything. I was surprised when instead of looking angry she was looking at me concerned..

What?????

"you were crying....!" I wasn't a question it was a statement

"I.... Umm its nothing...." I laughed nervously... I didn't know why I was so nervous maybe I didn't wanted her to know that her best friend is pathetic who was crying over a man who didn't give a damn about me

"it's ok if you don't want to talk about it...." she sofly said a look of understanding marred her face

"it's not like I don't want to talk about it but i really have nothing to say....."  I snapped at her but immediately regretted I didn't wanted to snap at her

"I am so  sorry mahira I don't know what happened I was just stressed and I took my anger on you  ya Allah am so pathetic " I stopped rambling when I felt her hugging me. She pulled out and took my hands in her