Rain Sound

I locked myself in the memories between me and you. Standing in front of the blurry glass looking at the grey sky, rainy days.

In this right moment, I just realized my mistake for not being there, for you my love.

In this weather. In this temperature, in this passing wind. I will, remember this kind of days.

Always.

I hated you, to begin with because you're the reason why my wife died.

You lived and grew up without love, from me.

"Daddy!", I groaned whenever the little voice greeted me when I'm home. That little feet of her, running towards me and hug my legs with her tiny hands.

I harshly pushed her small and petite hands away from my legs before walking away.

I should have bend down and hugs her and says, "Baby, I'm home.".

But I didn't.

"Daddy, happy birthday!", that soft and adorable giggle annoys me. She showed me her drawing, of a family. There's me, her and the nanny. It looks cheerful but it's actually wasn't.

I took it away from her before trashing it into the dustbin.

I should have keep that drawing and framed it so I can proudly showed to everyone that my baby can draw.

But I didn't.

"Daddy, Merry Christmas!", she cheerfully said before placing a very small red box under the Christmas tree.

I took the box but never open it. Might ended up in the dustbin again.

I should have open it and give you the best gift ever for Christmas.

But I didn't.

I was away for about a week from home because of work stuffs.

"Daddy, be safe. Hurry home!"

For some reason, I was touched with that.

I could have say, "Thank you, sweet heart. Daddy loves you so much!".

But I didn't.

It has been so many years and I am being a horrible father by neglecting my own child.

How horrible am I? To the point that I don't even remember her name.

While I was away, I couldn't stop thinking about my child.

I want to call home, so bad but I hold back.

I should have call them.

But I didn't.

I was going back home when I received a call.

"Mr. Son, I'd like to inform you that your house was invaded by robbers however no one survived in your house, sir."

"My baby...", it was the first time I was thinking about her . As I looking throughout the window, watching the heavy rain pouring down.

"Your daughter was shot twice, sir. She's dead."

You both left me in rainy day, leaving me with the sound of the rain.