Found her - 33

Ava's POV

2 months later............

It was finally my last order of the day. I took out my notepad and headed towards table 5 for their order. "Hey I'm Ava, can I have your orders please?" I asked to a couple in their mid 40's smiling. It was odd cause I believe I saw them at least 4 times this week coming here.
"I'd like the chicken parmesan pasta." the woman smiled. I returned the smile and wrote down the order on my notepad. "And you sir?" I asked him. "I'll have a wine and make that 2 chicken parmesan pasta's" he said and I wrote his order down as well on the notepad.

"Okay that'll take about 15 minutes." I smiled and left the table and went to the kitchen.

I recently started working here as a waitress and baker in this 5 star restaurant since I ran away from him for about 2 months. It pays good and enough for me. I'm really happy working here. Noah has joined a new school and is doing good, he was very upset when I told him that we will never go back to him, but Noah finally calmed down.

I rented an apartment far away from him as possible. I share the apartment with a new friend I made. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen and a living room.

I tore the page from the notepad of the orders from the couple and handed it to my friend, Rose. Rose is 23 and has 2 older brothers and parents but her parents kicked her out of their house cause they thought her dream to be a chef was waste and her brothers never were in touch with her. She and I rented the apartment together.

I told her about everything that happened and why I ran away and she helped me overcome all those emotions. I met her when I was looking for jobs. When I had no place to live in she let me share her apartment with her which I live in now. We have became very close throughout these 2 months.

Rose sighed. "Another order?" I laughed at her expression. "I'm to tired to do this" she stretched a little. "I'll help you but we need to prepare it in 15 minutes and anyway it's our last order of the day" I suggested her but she shook her head. "No I'll do it"she said me away and I chuckled.

10 minutes later Rose was almost done the 2 chicken parmesan pasta's. I must say she is an amazing cook. I bake here but only on my shifts which would be on Monday's and Thursday's. Today's Wednesday so I have my baking shift tomorrow. I work here 6 days a week, it's very fun and I'm enjoying it here.

"There you go." she handed me the two plates and a glass of wine. "Thanks." I thanked her and hurried out the door and to table 5 for they're order. I placed both plates in front of them, and the wine in front of the man. "Would you like dessert?" I asked and again took out my notepad. "We'll have the strawberry cake" the woman replied, I noted it down in my notepad pad.

"Okay that'll take around 25 minutes, enjoy." I smiled and once again left the table to the kitchen. I walked all the way to the bakery section of the kitchen and looked around for the baker, Daniela, but there was no sign of her. I quickly contacted the manager, Mr. Cooper and asked him where Daniela is, the manager was a nice man in his late 50's.

"Ava can you make the order please cause Daniela had to go on an urgent job and she'll return in about 20 minutes" He asked me over the phone. "Me? Y-yeah sure sir" I said and Mr. Cooper sighed in relief. "Thanks Ava your a lifesaver" he said and I chuckled. "Okay bye sir" I said and cut the call and headed over to the counter. I first put on an apron and hat then took out all of the ingredients I needed to make the strawberry cake.

After the cake was finished baking in the oven I took it out of the oven and frosted it and added a few strawberry around it as soon as the cake chilled. I wasn't really sure if this was the way the cake was supposed to be baked cause I didn't find any recipe around the kitchen and I had no time to waste. But I baked it my way and hopefully it's just as good as the recipe.