Apology-7

Carter's POV 

I waited for her to open the door, I found Ava's house by my sister. She was first skeptical on what I was doing but I explained everything to her and let's just say it didn't go good. Jacob had left me because he had 'important' things to handle, as I'm saying this he is probably sitting on his couch stuffing his face with pizza.

No one answered the door so I knocked again, a few moments later the door opened slowly and there appeared a confused Ava. I opened my mouth to speak to her but she slammed the door shut on my face.

I wanted to just leave and care less about her but something made me want to help her for what I had done, I never did anything like this ever to anyone. I banged on the door several times but I got no response.

"Ava open the door." I spoke, no response again. "Open the door we need to talk" I knocked the door once more. Then the door creeped open. "W-what do you want?" She asked looking down at the floor. "I-" I stopped, taking a deep breath then continued. "I apologise for my behaviour" I felt as if a weight lifted off my shoulders.

"It okay... I know you don't mean it" Ava said looking up with a fake smile. "People like you are only here to destroy" disgust laced her words."Look, I came here to apologise and talk to you" I said calming down a little.

"Well then continue" she said. Sighing I said. "I know what I did was wrong and I apologise, but since you don't have a job now I have a deal for you."

"What is it?" She asked. "What if I told you to be my new secretary." I said, she stood still not blinking. "What do you mean?" She asked back. "I need a new secretary anyway and I felt bad for you" I said. She nodded. "And in return for what?" She asked again.

I smirked and she seemed annoyed by it cause there was a scowl on her face. "Well you will work with me and live in my house." as soon as the words left my mouth she took a step forward and folded her arms on her chest.

"Absolutely not" is all she said. "You'll have your own room as well as your brother, the choice is yours" I said quickly.

"I think that it is the most disgusting deal ever!I would rather live on the streets than in your house" she glared at me and turned to her door. "What about your brother" I reasoned her.

She shook her head. "I don't care about what happens to me, but I can take care of my brother myself, he is all that matters to me now" she said and then shut the door.

I sighed and went to the elevator and reached downstairs, I walked outside and into my car, soon I drove away.

Ava's POV

Oh

My

God

He thought that I'd agree to work for him and live in his house, at least Noah and me would have a roof to live under, however I still don't think it's a good idea knowing of how much of a jerk he is.

Laying down once again in the bed I finally drifted off to sleep.

Beep

Beep

BEEP

Groaning I reached over and stopped the alarm, I yawned and stretched before walking to the bathroom and doing my business. After taking a long shower I went over to the now boxes to select a outfit for today.

I wasn't in the best mood today, I shook it off and went over to the bed to wake Noah up. "Noah wakey wakey." I said as he fluttered his small eyes open. "Avee!" he sat up and hugged my with a huge grin, as much as I wanted to smile as well I can't, I don't even know where we are going now. I have no money.

"Let's get you ready." I said as I patted his cheek, he giggled, I smiled and carried him to the bathroom. After Noah got ready we ate breakfast which was waffles. "Avee where are we going?" Noah asked swinging his legs of the chair where he sat. "Uhh... it's a surprise!" I lied and we continued eating our breakfast.

When we were done I started moving the boxes out of the apartment and when I was done I took one final check around the flat. It is sad that I don't know where to go now, I might not know where to go but I will never agree with Carter's deal... never.

I grabbed Noah's hand and exited the flat, locking the door behind me I put the keys on the mailbox as the notice of vacating this apartment. With that I took all the boxes down, there wasn't a lot of boxes, only 6 boxes all together with Noah's stuff as well.

Soon we made it out, we sat on the path curb, a single tear left my eye as I didn't know where to go. "Avee why are you crying?" Noah asked sensing that I was crying. "I'm not." I chuckled lightly wiping off the tear. "Avee I'm scared cause you're crying." now Noah started to cry. "Oh no... don't cry" I hugged him tightly and cooed him to calm down. "I'm always here for you" I kissed his cheek to which he smiled.

Suddenly the sound of ruffling met my ears, I looked that direction to see a bunch of men carrying the boxes and putting them in a truck.
"Hey! What are you doing?" I shouted at them angrily. One of them stopped and turned to me while the others just ignored me.

"Boss told us to collect these." he pointed towards the boxes now loaded into the truck. "Who?" I asked. "Me." A voice in the distance said I immediately knew whose voice that was.

I turned around furiously. And met my eyes with the green ones.

================================

How was that chapter?
What do you think will happen?
I'll see you in the next chapter,
Until then byee :D