I was cautiously wandering around the castle as I did when most people were in Hogsmeade. It was practically deserted apart from the few first and second years. I never got a good look at the castle when I was walking to class seeing as my head was always tilted towards the ground as I was to shy to accidentally look someone in the eye.

I liked to look at and admire all the paintings throughout the school and look at the carvings in the stone walls of the castle. The architecture was also truly fascinating. I'd always found the muggle occupation that was the architect to be interesting. It isn't such prestigious occupation in the magical world.

I'd just come across a rather interesting painting of a boy sitting on the back of a centaur. It was rather unusual as centaurs detested to be rode on. And when I timidly asked, for my curiosity had gotten the best of me, the centaur replied that the boy had gotten lost in the forest at night. What he was doing in the forest so late at night, he could not answer.

I had just turned the corner to go to an area I had not yet looked at when I crashed straight into a tall body. My heart caught in my throat and fear blossomed in my chest. I could not help the thoughts invading my mind. Images of the incident a few days ago. The body, as I came to realize pretty quickly belonged to none other than Draco Malfoy.

"Watch where you're goi- Oh! It's you!" Draco exclaimed in surprise. I took a few hasty steps back. I couldn't see he expression because I was staring at his polished black shoes while my heart beat incredibly fast in my chest. Draco Malfoy scared me to bits. And here he was. Right in front of me. Intimidating the hell out of me and obviously waiting for me to say something.

"Fancy my shoes, do you? I could tell you where I got them, if you'd like." My face burned red in embarrassment and I removed my gaze from his shoes and decided to muster up some courage and look him in the eye. I could tell he though this was slightly amusing. My face was still burning red after all.

His silvery eyes were staring right into mine. He looked confused, rather amused and also worried. My eyes on the other hand were showing great signs of fear. He noticed this because the next words to come out of his mouth were stating the fact.

"Why are you scared of me?" He didn't look angry but more confused. As to why I wouldn't be scared if a 6 ft tall menacing boy who's father was a Death Eater,who bullies muggleborns relentlessly and who is constantly getting into fights with Harry Potter.

I swallowed harshly moving my gaze from his eyes and onto his robe clad chest, which was were I reached up to him with my short height. 

"Well, eh. I don't- I don't know you... and....I don't know wh-what you might do."

"I know you're Atrios sister. It is very obvious. You do look very alike." My eyes moved up to his fast at the statement. "Yes. I know. Beats me why I haven't heard anything about you. They did call up your name at the sorting after all, it's pretty obvious you're the Atrio Twins. That's nearly as big a deal as being the Boy-who-lived around here." I was quite shocked to hear his long rant on my brother and I. I was least shocked that he knew I was his sister. As stated, we do look very alike. "I wont hurt you". He added.

I swallow harshly and mumbled a quiet "Okay." while taking a quick glance at his face. He was staring down at me with his silver grey eyes as if calculating my reaction.

"Anyway, come along, I'm going to the library" I stared at him in shock. What is he talking about? I literally just told him why I didn't know him and didn't trust him. Why would he even say that? He started walking in the direction of the library. I stood rooted to the spot in shock. 

"Are you coming or are you going to stand there like a statue all day?"

I quickly made a decision to follow him. First of all I was curious about him, although he did scare me to death. Second of all he was best friends with Roman, he wouldn't hurt me, like he just said, would he? I hurried after him, not sure what to do with myself. What kind of question was that anyway? Go to the library with Draco Malfoy?

"Are you okay?" At the question I looked up into his eyes again. He looked concerned. Something I had never seen in his face before. Why was he asking me that. I swallowed harshly again subconsciously fiddling with my bracelets. Was I okay? Not really. I was still scared Theodore was going to spring around a corner, I was safe now because he was in Hogsmeade. I wouldn't have been wandering the castle had he been here.

"Mhmm." I nodded my head slightly to come across as believable as I swallow harshly. I slightly tilt my head to register his reaction. He didn't seem to impressed.

The only thing that can be heard in the halls are the sound of his polished shoes hitting the stone floor, my trainers are silent on the floors of Hogwarts.

"You've been walking a lot with Atrio between classes recently. I have to walk with Crabbe and Goyle alone now." He breaks the silence and looks down at me.

I look up at his question. I hadn't been expecting anymore questions.

"I-I  walk with Pierre as well." I can't help but feel pathetic. I have one friend. Draco seems to think so to because the next thing he says confirms it.

"Pierre? Pierre Deneuve? You've only one friend?" He doesn't look like he's trying to make me feel bad. He's simply curious, but I still feel stupid. I nod my head to answer his question.

"Quality above quantity." I say, and in my defense that is pretty good advice. He makes a sound in the back of his throat, as if to agree. I look down again and take a fancy to his shoes like he pointed out. As I'm looking at them I glance at my shoes and compare them to his. His are fancy polished black ones. Mine are a pair of worn down trainers with paint on them. Before I can think about it at all he speaks again.

"That's good advice, very interesting. But anyway we've got to fix that friend problem of yours. You can't have only one friend. So, I'll be your new friend Miss Shoe Admirer." he looks very pleased with himself, stops and sticks out his right hand.

I can't help but be in shock. This is Draco Malfoy and he wants to be my friend. But as to not embarrass myself anymore I start to lift my left hand, it being my dominant hand, but realize quickly that we are shaking hands. So I hastily and red faced swap hands and lift my paint covered right hand.

He doesn't seem to mind that it's covered in paint and shakes it. 

This encounter is horrible, I know. I just don't know how to improve it. This whole story will undergo severe editing in the near future. But please have faith in me and continue reading.

The reason some things are spelt incorrectly is because my auto correct is in another language, so it doesn't correct English.

Anyways

Toodles

Thanks for reading

Credit goes to J.K. Rowling of course!