chapter 7

I can hear the sadness and the pain you in his voice as he said those words. They echoed in my head.

 'They died a few months after your family moved away, a car accident.'

He said it like it was happening all over again right now. I wanted to wrap my arms around him.

Comfort him.

Show him I am here for him now.

But I knew better than to show him empathy; I wanted to make him feel stronger, not weaker. 

I want to let him know that this is normal. It may not be all right now. but, one day, hopefully he will be one of the brave people who let this event make stronger than ever before. 

But this was harder done than said. I lifted his hands off the table and held them in mine in a way that showed my affection.

 I knew I didn't know him. And I hadn't seen him in 6 years. But I thought that would change.

"I am sorry I asked a personal question like that and that my prayer will go out to them and I remember they were wonderful people," I said as memories of my childhood with them came flooding back to me. He smiled at me. A nice smile.

"Thank you," he says, clearing his throat.

What is he thanking me for, I should be the one thanking him?

"No, thank you for sharing that with me you didn't have to."

I say while getting goosebumps as his thumb stroke my hand.

"I wanted to" he replies while looking at our hands happily.

He's nothing like a cliché of a boy he's a real one.His open and also has feelings and that normal. This is normal.But with me, I am much more closed off with my feelings I don't like to show them.I don't want people to be there for me because they feel bad for me. I want them to want to be there for me.

But nowadays it's hard to find people who are your friend that doesn't expect something in return and reality we might talk about them but we do it too.

It's just how we are A weightier with the ice cream that we ordered for dessert came and placed them between us making our hands part. He looked at me and my hand and I quickly hid it under the table. "Enjoy," said the weightier taking Daniel's attention from me.

"Thank you, we will," Daniel said with a smile and picked up his spoon.

I do the same. We stay silent as we ate our delicious ice cream. My mind wanders back to what he told me only a moment ago. He said the birds flying represented them flying to heaven. I loved that. I vaguely remembered Lisa she was about only 6 years old when I left but I liked her a lot and spent more time with her because Daniel was always with Sarah.I remember his parents and how lovely his mom was and the great deserts she made us when my family would come over. and his dad and his family BQQs and how he would invite us with them like we were one big family. Those were some of my greatest childhood memories. 

"What's on your mind Amila," Daniel says, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I didn't want to go through my memories of his family with him now so I thought I would change the topic back to our game of 20 questions, also because I still have a lot of unanswered questions for him and want an excuse to know the answers. To know him.

"Just that it's my turn to ask you a question" And we continued to ask random questions over the desert until it was finally time go home. 

I check the time on my smartwatch. It was 10:05 pm, and I had a notification showing that I had 2 missed calls which are both from Sarah.

"Thank you so much for this evening. I had so much fun," I said to Daniel as the weightier took out empty bowls of ice cream.

"I am glad you came," he replies.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

First off I am so sorry. I haven't posted in the last 2 weeks. I have been on holiday as some of you know already.

I had no internet.

I will always update you guys if something like this happens in the conversation section.

You can pop in there and see what's going on with me or just to say 'hi'.

We can always be friends :))))

But thats chapter 7 for you guys. hope you liked it. 

If you have any questions drop them in the comments section. I will answer as much as I can.

As always Tell me how you feel about this chapter and any ways I can improve It, by giving me feedback.

I am changing the updating schedule to:

Updating schedule

Friday - every week 

I am just so busy and can't update 2 times a week.

Please understand I have a life outside of Wattpad too.

Follow my Instagram to get notified when I update

@ zahraa.Wattpad

https://www.instagram.com/zahraa.wattpad/

Make sure to comment and vote and share.

Thanks for reading xxxx

Love you all

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||