13

"(Y/n)-sama, you coming?" Haise asked me.

I looked up at him, seeing him wear a black coat with his glasses on. "No, I already told you that I have to take care of Takara and put her to sleep." I stated, looking at our three year told daughter playing with her dolls.

"Alright.. Try to rest as well. You've been doing a lot to stuff this past week."

I nodded, unable to look at him in the eyes. I'm just waiting for the signal for me to go and finish the deed. That's the only reason why I'm here.. I thought, gripping my shirt. "Be careful, Haise-sama.. Make sure that Hinami-chan is with you at all times.." I warned him.

I looked at him, only to receive a soft kiss on the lips. He pulled away and held my cheek, caressing it gently. "Yeah.." With that, he left the apartment.

I'm sorry.. But you'll understand soon..

~~~

Haise's POV

"And as such, an irregular foe, such as—" I cut off the tape that Eto had as I looked at her.

"You have to have some faith in me, Kaneki-kun." Eto stated. I didn't respond, only sat up before leaving. "No, huh..?"

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, stopping my tracks behind the chair.

"Yes?"

"What you've done right now with your life looks like it will end to no avail. The information will be manipulated, and humans and ghouls will continue on competing, like always. So, why drag my fiancée into this mess..?"

Eto sighed. "So you know.. I don't think it's to no avail."

"So it's enough for you to put yours and (Y/n)-sama's life on the line? Giving it up?"

"We don't know about that. I simply just did it because it's what I wanted it to do, that's all. (Y/n)-chan saw what I was aiming for and agreed to help out. We had agreed to keep it a secret - even from you. Is there even a need for me to put my life on the line? You can't tell me you haven't met people like that. Either way, it's not my life on the line."

Gripping the tape recorder, I glared at Eto as I realized what she meant. "This my family.. Just what did you put in (Y/n)-sama's head?"

Resting her chin on her fingers, Eto smirked at me. "The truth. In what you're about to do, would you like my help?"

"You know what I'm about to do?"

"I do. But, in return, I need a favor from you and (Y/n) as well." Her eyes turned dark. "Kill the One-Eyed King. (Y/n)-chan will know what I mean."

~~~

I opened the door to Hinami's cell and saw her looking up at me. "Onee-san..?"

"Hinami-chan.. Let's get out of here and see Onii-chan and Takara-chan.." Walking towards her, I smiled painfully. "I'm sorry it took me so long.."

She got up and slapped me. "Why..? Why are you here..? You're an investigator right..?" Covering her face, Hinami started to cry silently.

This is my last job.. I'm going to save Hinami and then be killed by (Y/n)-sama and Arima-san.. I thought, looking at Hinami with no emotions. "Let's go.. Onii-chan is waiting for us."

"Yeah.."

We ran out of the cell and started heading towards an exit. There was a commotion, meaning that ghouls have infiltrated the building, so we need to act fast. Unfortunately, we were stopped in the hallway by Furuta.