Chapter 2 Part 2

The soldier Benjamin was so intrigued by the woman Selene that he walked with her following the stream. They were both getting tired, so Benjamin suggested they went to Elydor on his horse to find shelter. After ten minutes or so, they arrived at one of the gates of Elydor.

2 out of the 4 guards stopped them. The guard on the right spoke and said, "Wait Sir, who did you bring to Elydor?". Benjamin side eyes the guards and said "I found a damsel in the woods; she was alone and afraid. I had to bring her here, to show hospitality". The two guards step aside and let Benjamin and Selene inside.

They get off the horse, and take a turn left. "Did you believe that?!" Selene laughs "They fell for the whole distressed damsel thing?". Benjamin chuckles and shushes her "Hey, watch out they might hear you".

They went up to a cottage looking house with a sign "Bar for commons". Benjamin tied his horse to one of the tree's nearby and jogged up to Selene. "Are you ready to find some shelter? This means you actually do have to play the damsel you despise" Benjamin said softly. Selene only looks at him and takes her hood off and rips a little bit of her dress by her chest.

Benjamin pushes the door open only to find all the heads turned to them. "I'm back from patrol" Benjamin says, "I found a woman on my way back".

Some of the men scream at her like any other drunken lad trying to impress a woman. The bar owner comes up to Benjamin and asked him "How in the hell did you, Benjamin, find a rare jewel like this?". "Well, you know me. I always get the most unexpected" Benjamin responded. They sit down at one of the wooden tables. The stool was hard and uncomfortable. Not to mention, the floorboards were slippery from drunken men dropping beer. The owner walks back up to his bar and starts pouring in beer for Benjamin.

Selene failed to mention she wasn't wearing any shoes, so her feet were absolutely drenched in sticky beer. However, this didn't seem to bother her as much. Selene gets up and walks herself over to the bar. She leans over the counter so the you-know—what is fairly exposed and asks in a high voice "Can you please, make that two?". The owner looked at her but was so compelled by her looks that he did just that, made it two beers.

Selene grabs the two beers and walks herself back to their table. Benjamin was watching her perform that act and was astonished. "How did y- "Benjamin stutters "- I mean, wow. You, my lady, has some magic inside of you". Selene puts some of her hair behind one ear and smiles "I know".

After a while of Selene making conversation with different men, the son of the owner came downstairs to show off his collection of fish to his father. When he got down and gave his father the bucket of fish, he saw something red from his eye corners. He turns around and sees Selene. "Her hair" the son whispers "It's as bright as the berries in the woods". His father wanted to say something to him but he was already off to check out the new woman.

"Excuse me" The son says to Selene "I'm Calvin, and who is this beautiful fair lady?". Selene looks him up and down and answers "I'm Selene. Do you per chance have somewhere I could rest for the night?". Calvin is startled but nods "I can arrange something, If you mind following me?". "Of course." Selene says and follows him.

They go outside the bar and walk around it. They pass the horse and go right. Calvin grabs a tent and some wool. They walk up to a small fisher pond which is just located inside of elydor. Another exit is nearby. Calvin sets up the tent and the wool for Selene. "Do you need anything in return of this favor?" Selene asks Calvin as he is about to walk away. "No, your sight has blessed my week. Thank you that I was able to help such a pretty lady". Calvin takes off and Selene goes inside of the tent.