Chapter 2: The Story Of Selene

Once upon a full moon, A strong soldier was patrolling the deep dark forests of Elydor. The soldier was waking sure there were no intruders or wild animals that could attack the city. After doing his nightly duty, he decides to let his horse drink from the nearby & Famous stream;      The Wanderer. Every person in the city uses this stream so they won't get lost hunting, and even at night will be able to find their way back by following the reflection of the moon in the clear water.

The soldier climbs off the horse and let the horse rest. He pets the side of the white horse and says "Good job girl, tomorrow another night". The soldier sits down next to the drinking horse and the streaming water. He grabs a hand of the full moon water and rubs it against his face to clean the excess sweat from the patrol.

In a few minutes another sound can be heard. It's a humming sound of a woman, singing a song quietly. It's very close by so the soldier decided to walk through some bushes to see who it was. 

The soldier pushes away some branches from his face and steps over a small bush with yellow flowers. A few feet away is a woman in heavy drapes kneeling in front of the stream. It appears she is cleaning a handful of blueberries. "Ma'am? Pardon me, but you..." The soldier says but shuts down when the woman looks to her side.

The full moon is reflecting on her pale skin, The drapes on her head shift and you could see a bit of bright red hair complimenting her small features. Her light-grey eyes stand out, but also blend in with the darkness of the forest. "but you... have a beautiful voice" The soldier said without thinking. The woman grinned and finishes washing her blueberries. 

"I also have a beautiful name, care to hear it?" she said boldly. The soldier was stunned by her looks, her voice and her bold attitude. "yes ma'am" he said while he scratches the side of his face In awe.

"My name is Selene" She says while slowly walking up to the soldier "And you?".After introducing each to one another they decide to walk together to the soldier's horse. "Well, it was a pleasure to meet you, Sir Benjamin Flavius" Selene says playfully as she side eyes the soldier.

"Why have you come here?" the soldier asked Selene. The woman looks at the ground and says "I come from afar, wandering the stream in search for a place to call home".