Ch. 2-We're lost

David's P.O.V.
Once I've calmed down and my medication started to come into affect, I was back to my own cheery self even though my heart hurt from the letter. Gwen saw this and of course knew but didn't say anything about it.

I started to ponder on things we could do to make this the best summer yet for Max. "Well, what does Max like?....Maybe we....never mind, no.....He doesn't really like anything! What are we gonna do?!" I yell, really just at myself. Gwen rolls her eyes and tries to calm me down,"I dont know! But please, just, be calm. Max likes something...We just have to figure it out." "Gwen, I just dont know. It's like...we're lost!"

Max's P.O.V.
I put my bag in a tent that I shared with Neil. I took Mr. Honeynuts out of my pocket and set him on my pillow, Neil already knowing about him.

I took out a blanket and another hoodie identical to the one I was already wearing and that was all that was in my bag besides a blade in one of the pockets.

Neil emptied his bag then jumped,"Oh, Max! Come here!" I was confused but did as I was told. He handed me a bag and motioned for me to open it. I tilted my head and opened it. I pulled out a pair of pants, an envelope of money, and small bombs.

"Whoa, Neil! Whats all this?" I ask and smirk at the bombs. "It's for your birthday. I know it was a month ago, but I still wanted to get you something." I smiled at the presents and chuckle,"Im surpised you even remembered, much less got me stuff. I think my parents forgot or something."

I put the money and pants up and stuffed the bombs in my back pocket of my jeans, I couldn't wait to use them. Neil and I left the tent together and went to the mess hall when David was talking out of a speakerphone. "David, can you shut the fuck up? Why are you making an announcement?" I asked, annoyed. "Well, Max! Today, you're in charge of the camp! Me and Gwen will be out and we'll come back to serve lunch when it's time, but the entire day, you get to do anything you want."

I looked confused and looked at Neil,"Is he serious?" He shrugs, looking down at me then David.

Sure enough, David just got up and left the camp with Gwen. I sigh and walk into the mess hall. "So Max, what are you gonna do with this time?" Neil asked me and I shrugged. "Nothing really," I say and get some ice cream out of the mess hall freezer.

"I just notice how skinny you are, Max." I choke on my ice cream,"What the fuck, Neil? What does it matter?"

He looks down a little and messes with his sweater,"I-I dont know...I..." I examine him and groan. He looked skinny as well, what was he getting at?

"Max, how often do you eat?" Neil asked me and I gave him a pissed look. "What do you mean? You watched me eat all my breakfast and Im eating ice cream right now, dipshit!" "Max, you cant be this skinny and eat like that, right?"

Neil was getting on my last fucking nerve right now. "Why does it even matter? Im eating now, Im fine!" I yell at him and shove a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. "Cuz I worry about you!" Neil yells back. At this point, I lost it. "BITCH, LISTEN HERE! ITS NOT MY FAULT MY PARENTS DIDNT CARE ENOUGH TO EVEN FUCKING FEED ME! I KNOW NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT HAS MADE ME SHORT AND BONES! JUST STOP FUCKING RUBBING IT IN!"

Neil steps back in shock. I throw the ice cream down on a table and storm out of the mess hall.

David's P.O.V.
Gwen and I had gone to the store to get groceries and once we had come back, we heard yelling then Max running out of the mess hall to his tent. I quickly get out and go up to Neil,"What the gosh darn golly was that about?"

Neil looks up at me with a few tears in his eyes, quickly wiping them away and asking,"Can you start feeding Max extra food?" Well, that was a surprise. I thought he hated the food, but why was Neil crying?

"Is there something wrong, Neil?" I ask and he looks down. "Its not my business to tell you." And with that, he walked the opposite way of his tent.

"What the hell?" Gwen said, groceries in her hands. I quickly grab them out of her arms to help and up them away in the kitchen of the mess hall. I return to her, sighing,"I guess letting Max have the camp didnt really let him have any fun..."

Gwen puts her hand on my shoulder,"Hey, we'll find something. I promise."

"Thank you."