Chapter 1 - Valentine Festival

Valentine's day is a huge deal in the Hearts kingdom. I mean, why wouldn't it be, they are the kingdom of love. They always threw a huge festival in the town square and would invite the monarchs, plus their jacks.

     That morning, King Ludwig was out helping the preparations with Kiku and Feliciano by his side. A known fact about the kingdom of Hearts, the monarchs had a polyamorous relationship. In hearts they actually married for love, not politics. So Ludwig, Kiku and Feliciano were happily married together.

     By the time they finished preparations, they had about an hour until the other kingdoms arrived, so they hurried back to change into their more formal clothes.

     "This should be our best Valentine's day festival yet!" Feliciano exclaimed as they walked back into the castle and towards their room.

      "You say that every year Feliciano," Ludwig said, shaking his head slightly

      "But is he ever wrong?" Kiku asked. Feliciano wasn't wrong. Every festival would be better than the last. 'There was always room for improvement,' Ludwig would say.

     "You're right," Ludwig agreed. The three of them went into their bedroom and started to get ready.

     While they were doing preparations they were wearing clothes easier to work in but since they would be meeting with the kingdoms soon, they needed to look more formal.

      With minutes to spare, they were able to make it back just in time. Ludwig and Kiku sat in the chairs assigned for them at a large banquet table in front of a cleared out area for dancing. Ludwig looked over the set up one more time. The square had been cleared out and there were many tables along the perimeter of the dance floor. Off to the right there was a field with many flowers to make flower crowns or to give as gifts to a lover or potential lover. Servers stood at the ready to serve food when it would be needed. Flower petals littered the floor and made paths to every area.

      "They have arrived," Feliciano said from beside Ludwig.

      Ludwig and Kiku got up and walked to where they would stand to greet the others as they got out of their carriages. The first to arrive were Diamonds. Vasch, their jack, was the first to walk out. He stood off to the side as King Francis got out. He turned and held out a hand for Queen Lily, who took it excitedly. Prince Matthew got out and stood behind his father.

"King Ludwig, good to see you again," King Francis said as he walked in front of the king.

"Good to see you too. I hope you enjoy the festival today," Ludwig greeted with a curt nod.

"You outdo yourself every year, I'm sure we will." With that, Francis and his family walked towards the festivities.

Next was Clubs. Their carriage pulled up. Ludwig noticed Natalya, one of his best knights, smile softly at the sight of her family. Ludwig turned back as the king, the queen, the jack and the princess walked forward.

"King Ivan, good to see you," Ludwig greeted, holding out a hand for him to shake.

"Good to see you too. I hope your festival is just as fun as every year. Katya and Elizaveta enjoys them very much," Ivan said as he took the hand to shake.

"Feliciano!" Elizaveta said, hugging Feliciano quickly.

"It's good to see you Elizaveta. I'm glad you are doing well."

"Anyway, please, enjoy yourselves." Ludwig said letting the Clubs go past them.

Then, the last kingdom arrived, Spades. The carriage pulled to a stop and out came the king, his queen and their jack.