58

58. Taekook nation has risen (+written)

 Taekook nation has risen (+written)

-

-

Jungkook's foot is constantly stomping as his eyes were watching out from the car window. His phone is suffocating with messages and notifications, all stating the obvious- he was right when he booked a damn flight to New York at the last moment to see Taehyung.

He can't even enjoy the scenario of the busy streets of New York City because he urged the taxi driver to drive at 120 mph, and also because his heart is thumping against his chest in an uncontrollable beat.

To say he was nervous was an understatement. He was a nerve-wreck. Regardless to the fact he was never that spontaneous in his life (enough to book a flight to New York and catch it on the same fucking day), he is about to meet Taehyung, the Taehyung that occupied his mind all through the past month. But not just that, he is afraid of Taehyung's reaction. He feels guilty to say he has been ignoring Taehyung's texts and tweets for maybe two weeks now, and is now afraid to see the circumstances of his false acts. He has a reason though, and he promises it's a truthful reason and not a wasteful excuse, he just hopes taehyung will understand it.

When the Taxi stops Jungkook is a bit fazed, but when the driver turned his head to look at him, clearly not knowing who he was, Jungkook got back to his senses and quickly paid his fee, thanking him before sprinting out of the cab.

The cheesy logo of the same cafe that Namjoon addressed to him not so long ago, was now right in front of his eyes. All he has to do is make the smallest step and enter the small cafe where he knew Namjoon and Taehyung were already sat.

And so, he does.

The tiny bell rang as soon as Jungkook pushed the door and got inside. The cafe has a cozy environment, warm and delicate. Jungkook wonders if Namjoon chose this cafe because in some way it reminds him of Taehyung, but he knew he was probably the only one thinking that. His eyes gazed around almost stressfully, until they locked on a familiar face. To his surprise, Namjoon has already got his eyes locked on him, maybe because he was expecting him, and well, he was right at his view, with Taehyung's back being towards him. Namjoon's expression was somehow fascinated, as if not believing Jungkook was serious about all of this.

As Jungkook steps forward, he catches Namjoon nodding his head towards Taehyung, possibly listening to his words. It is only now downing on him that it will be the first time he is going to hear Taehyung's voice, and that's also what pushes him to come forward until he's reaching their booth.

"Taehyung."

Taehyung is letting out a little squeal, as if not expecting to be interrupted by someone approaching them. But as he looks up to meet Jungkook's eyes, his eyes are turning completely wide, and for a good few seconds he just stares with his big doe eyes.

"J-Jungkook? Is that you-?"

It's kind of ironic how they manage to recognize each other in a split second, yet in the first encounter between them they weren't even aware of each other's presence.

"Yeah, it's me." Jungkook lets out a big breath of relief. He didn't know if he expected Taehyung to be mad at him, maybe slap him across his face the moment he sees him, but this reaction was the best one he could get from Taehyung at the moment.

"What....? What are you doing here?"

Taehyung flickered his eyes at Namjoon for a second, him being totally expressionless, and then back to Jungkook. He still seemed shocked.

Jungkook tried to piece the words together in his head, but all he could think about is that there are just a few inches separating between him and Taehyung, and he's completely in awe.

Don't get him wrong now, he did except Taehyung to be just as pretty as he is in his pictures. But seeing his beauty in real life, seeing how much more beautiful he actually is, is truly a mesmerizing moment. Taehyung is completely, utterly flawless. His tanned skin glimmer and smooth, pouty lips in a deep shade of red. His dyed black hair is soft-looking and long, tucked at one side behind his ear in a delicate way. There really is nothing that Kim Taehyung can't pull off, Jungkook thought. This guy was utterly perfect, and until now, Jungkook has never believed in perfection.

"I came to talk to you." Jungkook says, in the most causal way yet. He is just now noticing how deeper and raspier Taehyung's voice is in real life, yet still as angelic as he figured it'll be.

"You made all the way from Korea to here just to talk to me? You could've just answer my messages and calls." There's a bit of irritation in Taehyung's voice, not that Jungkook didn't expect that.

"It's not a conversation I can do through text." Jungkook shook his head.

It's now getting really awkward, the way he still stands near the booth, staring down at Taehyung who seems really confused and Namjoon staring at them awkwardly, not really knowing if to listen to the conversation or go.

Jungkook spare a glance at Namjoon, who seemed unconvinced by his friend's stupid idea, but eventually coughs his throat and stands up.

"Tae, it was so fun to get to know you and drink coffee— well, hot cocoa with you. I have to get going now, I have some meetings to attend, but we will keep in touch, right?"

Taehyung seems a bit taken aback. Maybe he figured Namjoon was somehow involved in Jungkook's plan to talk to him.

"Of course, Yeah." Taehyung nods his head. "It was nice talking to you."

"Yeah. Perhaps next time we meet it'll be at a place where you actually like what they're serving." Namjoon chuckles.

Taehyung giggled, and if it wasn't the most beautiful sound Jungkook has ever heard, he doesn't really know what to tell you.

Namjoon left Jungkook and Taehyung alone. There's quiet surrounding them for a mere moment before Jungkook decided to finally sit down where Namjoon has been sitting not too long ago.

He looked at Taehyung, deeply into his eyes.

"I think I owe you an explanation, Taehyung." He finally let out in a hushed breath, clasping his hands together on the table.

A short quiet from Taehyung sent Jungkook into distress, that until Taehyung finally leaned back in his seat and licked his plump lips in curiosity.

"I think you do, Jungkook."