Elwin!

"WHAT!"

What.
What!
WHAT!

That seems to be the only thought running through Sophie's head.

Of course she was thrilled, she missed being a big sister but. . . what!
Edeline. pregnant? WHAT!

She was pretty sure she'd just been staring at her adoptive parents jaw gaping, eyes wide for at least the last two minutes.

"This is amazing!" She finally squealed out, getting up from the table to hug them.

"I'm so happy for you!"

Her parents shared one of those parenting smiles,

"Well, for all of us sweetie, you're going to be part of this little guy's families as well!"

Edeline commented sweetly, rubbing her stomach.

"Right! Yes, of course!
So when did you find out?"

Sophie was barely contain her excitement she was  practically bouncing on the balls of her feet.

Her parents shared another smile before answering in unison.

"Yesterday."

"Oh, that's sooo. . ."

Wait, Sophie had forgotten that elves know the second of inception which meant. . if  they found out yesterday. .   they had been. . . EWWW!
She had been in the house almost all day yesterday! Which meant. . . EWWWWW!

Okay! Aaannd she was done thinking about that, because it was gross!

"That's so great!" Sophie smiled passed her uncomfortableness.

"Wait! You said 'little guy' does that mean it's a boy! Am I going to have a brother?"

Elves new the second of inception maybe they knew the gender beforehand as well?

"Well we don't know for sure yet, but I have a feeling that this one is going to be a boy! Not that I wouldn't mind another girl to drive your father crazy!"

She laughed and playfully nudged Grady in the side.

"Ooh? And what about you dad? Do you say boy or girl?"

Sophie questioned with a grin.

"Well it would be nice to have another boy around."
He said thoughtfully, 

"We'd finally be even with the lady's in this house!"
He teasingly ruffled Sophie's hair.

And so the night continued, with laughter, and jokes, and name ideas, and room ideas,  and most importantly, love.

Then they all got up and  Edeline conjured the dishes away, they said they're good nights and Sophie went up to her room full of excitement from the amazing news.

She pet Iggy and hopped in the shower. Letting the warmth of the water wash away the day.
Sophie also used the time  thinking about her new baby sibling! And maybe she cought herself  thinking about how perfect Keefe's eyes were, or how soft his hair was, and how much she loved him, and - aaand she was thinking about Keefe while in the shower. She had officially reached her lovesick dreamy girlfriend low. Sophie shook her head and laughed to herself, she was definitely becoming one of thoses girls.

When she was done, she was too jittery to go to sleep, still reeling from the exciting news. So she played with Iggy for almost an hour, worked out some make up homework, read a book, and it was 3 AM when she finally decided to go to sleep.