Then shut me up?

Sophie should have been more worried. While she was talking about her stupid, nonexistent, love life, Mr. Forkle had decided that Ro should be the one to talk to her father, and see if an actual alliance could be made between the ogres and the Black Swan, and with her, Keefe would go.
Of course.
Forkle had said that after the last time, Keefe had proven himself to the oger king. But it was exactly what happened the last time that had Sophie worrying.
Mr. Forkle hadn't told her until after they had already left, and Keefe hadn't even thought to hail her! Unbelievable!

So now she was freaking out! According to Forkle
Keefe and Ro should be back soon, any minute now.

What if he doesn't come back?
What if King Dimitar wanted another sparring match? Keefe had barely Survivor last time, and only stayed alive because she had the Panake flowers! She wasn't there this time, she couldn't save him. What if something went wrong, what if- what if.

Her spiraling thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, she looked up from her desk and the makeup homework she was supposed to be working on, to find Keefe, leaning against the door frame, perfect, devilish hair, usual smirk, piercing blue eyes, all intact. He seemed to be ok.

"Judging by the terrific wave of Foster worry I'm getting off of you right now, I'd say you already know what happened today?"
Usual smirk displayed on his attractive features.

"Are you ok?" Sophie asked as she all but scrambled out of her chair to hug him.

Keefe chuckled slightly as he hugged her back, "yeah Foster I'm ok. Really. But since I can still feel that worry coming off of you, I'm going to take a page out of dear old Alden's  book and tell you, 'there's no reason to worry,' okay?"

That got Sophie laughing a little bit, but now she remember to be mad. She pulled out of his warm embrace, and none to gently punched him in the shoulder. "What. Were. You. Thinking!
How could you do that! Just run off to go meet the Oger king! Keefe we both know what happened last time, you almost died!
What if you almost died a second time, hmmm? And I wasn't there, did you even bring the Panakes blooms were you even prepared for that? Did you think for one second that it might actually scare me that you didn't hail me before you left, did you even think how heartbroken  I would be if I didn't have you? If you had D -,"

"Whoa! Whoa! Ok, just calm down, feisty!"

"Do not call me feisty! Keefe I'm not joking about this."

He sighed and looked down,  Sophie had made her way to the other side of the room to resist the urge of punching him again.

"I know Foster, I hear you, and I'm sorry. Ok? I should have told you right away, but its been so hectic, and  stressful in the 'wonderful world of Keefe' and I haven't had my head on right these past couple of days, I thought maybe Linh had hold you -"

"Wait! wait, are you saying Linh went?"

Now Keefe just looked sheepish as he answered, "yes,"

"She was the one that flooded their entire city! And she got to go with you, and no one even thought to hail me? Keefe! Come on really?"

"Yeah yeah I know she only went for a formal apology or something like that, the Black Swan are trying to build Bridges with the ogres, and they thought apologizing for. . . well destroying their Bridge, might be a good choice."

He was smirking again, most likely at his own bridge pun.
That was so like him it was just infuriating!

He left the doorway, apparently deeming it safe to come inside, wrong, she was still steaming, but he took all but three strides to walk to her.

He gently unfolded her hands from where she had folded them a cross her chest and took them in his, gently rubbing a line up and down the back of her palm, with his thumb. And just like that, her steaming stopped, he tilted his head down to look into her eyes, wow, was he really that much taller than her? Of course she had noticed but she'd never really been this close to him and felt the way she was feeling now. Her stomach was doing cartwheels again and her heart was fluttering so fast she was certain that he didn't need to be an empath to feel it. And her face flushed.

What was it she was feeling exactly? Wasn't she supposed to be mad at him? Never mind, she could just forget that, she loved this feeling of safety, of comfort, and belonging so much better!

"Hey now, you're not still mad at me?"

Oh, he knew she wasn't, he was the empath after all, he just wanted her to say it! Because he was cocky, and knew what he was doing to her heart right now, and oh forget it, boys were infuriating!

Keefe grinnd, " you are so adorable when you're upset!"

"Uh you know it'd be really nice if you could keep you mouth from blabbing every now and then." She rolled her eyes and made to step away but he held her hands steady and wouldn't let go.
He just stared at them, studying the shape that their hands made together and then slowly he looked up with a certain fire behind his beautiful ice eyes. And practically purred,

"Then shut me up?"

And lord help her, she did. Her gaze never leaving his, she took a step into him and another pressing her full body against his, they fit together perfectly like puzzle pieces. She lifted herself  slightly on her toes and kissed him.

A/N I hope you guys enjoyed this, this was a lot more fun to write then the last one. And just so you guys are clear, Sophie and Fitz are not dating I'm not really sure where I'm setting this in between books and plots just know that Sophie and Keefe are 16 and her and Fitz never dated, I don't think I'm incorporating anything from flashback so pretend like that book didn't happen k? Bye ;)