First Day

(Y/ N) P.O.V.

I hear my alarm ring signaling for me to get up. I turn my head and hit the snooze button. I gracefully get up from my bed. Okay, scratch that. I tumble off my bed and roll to my bathroom. I brush my teeth and take a quick shower. Hmm. First day of U.A., who would've thunk that (y/ n) (l/n) would make it into the most prestigious hero school in Japan! I go to my closet and slip on the uniform I got last week. I glance at my clock and- oh shit! I'm gonna be late!! I dash downstairs and grab some toast that I made last night and bolt out the door.

Time skip because I'm lazy...

I finally reach the gates of U.A. High School and start walking inside. This is awesome!! The hallways were way more spacious than my old school and the ceilings were so high up. Now, were is class 1-A? I thought to myself. I keep walking down the hall and eventually I'm met with a large door on my left with '1A' on the front. I open the door and I look around to see some familiar faces from the entrance exam. The blue haired boy that I yelled at, the green broccoli haired guy who almost tripped and many others. I start walking to a seat in the far back of the classroom and sit down. As I'm walking though, the blue haired boy comes up to me with his hands moving up and down. Does he have a problem or something...?
"You there! I remember you from the exam!" he says. I look at him and say, " Oh yeah! You're the guy I told to mind other people's business." He nods and puts his hand in front of me for me to shake. "My name is Tenya Iida." I stand there and tell him my name not bothering to shake his hand as I've already broken my record of social interaction. "(Y/N) (L/N)." I turn around and for what seemed like forever, I eventually got to my seat. I feel like I could die at any moment. Then why don't you. Honestly, I don't know why I haven't yet. Nothing is holding me back and I don't have anything to be happy for. As I was talking (thinking in my mind) to myself, a lot of people came up to me and asked if I was okay. I probably had a sad face on or something that made my classmates concerned. Before I can answer, a human in a yellow sleeping bag (which I wish I was in by myself of course) walked through the door and to the front of the class. He introduced himself as "Shota Aizawa" or the pro hero Eraserhead. "Head outside and put on your P.E uniform." That was all he said and then he left. I went to the locker rooms and changed into my P.E. clothes. I was the first girl out and there was one other person outside. He had half red, half white hair, heterochromatic eyes; one gray and one blue. He started walking towards me and introduced himself as "Shoto Todoroki". I tell him my name and we have small talk for what seems like hours but was only about a minute or two, then the rest of the class came outside soon after. "Okay. So we're going to do an exam to test your strength, speed etc. Whoever places last will be expelled immediately. U.A. doesn't need people who aren't built for being a hero." This will be simple. I look around and see some students break into a cold sweat while others like me and Todoroki look completely calm and relaxed as if we don't care.
"Oi Bakugo! What was your score for the softball throw in middle school?" I scan the crowd of students and my eyes land on a spiky blond haired boy whom I'm guessing is Bakugo. "I don't know. Maybe 80 meters or so." Hmm. I wonder how far he can throw it now with his quirk? As if he can read my mind, Mr. Aizawa asked him to throw the ball with his quirk. Bakugo stepped up and got into a stance and threw the ball with explosions coming from his hand. "874.6 meters. Good job." Mr. Aizawa said as he was showing us a phone that tracked the distance of our throws. "Now, let's start!"
We started with a speed test which I aced. "3.5 seconds" the robot said. Damn. I was too slow but I still finished first. The next test was a strength test. I was able to hold 87 kilos. Hmm. A little heavy but still easy. The others had their mouths open looking at me in amazement at how I was able to hold that much. Even the teacher looked surprised but quickly showed an uninterested face. The last test was the softball throw. One of the girls named Uraraka, got infinity because her quirk is zero-gravity. It was turn and I stood there trying to concentrate. "Any moment now. We don't have all day." Mr. Aizawa said. I pivoted my feet and threw the ball. Some would think, 'you didn't use your quirk' or 'that's not going anywhere'. Well, they would be wrong because the ball kept going up and up and it didn't land until 10 minutes mutes had passed. Since I was the last one to throw, no one had to wait for me. The phone that tracked the distances beeped and it read... "14308.76 meters" Everyone was speechless including the teachers. Todoroki looked at me and gave me an approving nod for my success.
The scores were shown and as expected I placed first, Todoroki second, Bakugo fourth, Uraraka fifth and so on. The person in last place was named Ojiro. He looked down and like he was about to cry. I tried to keep myself from laughing but I couldn't as I was stating at him. Everyone looked at me and I just looked at Aizawa and said, "They thought they were going to get expelled! The look on his face was...price-less!" Mr. Aizawa told them that he was lying about it and everyone eventually understood my reaction to the person in last place. But, I think he might hate me. Todoroki, a girl name Yaoyorozu, and Iida both agreed with me as well.
We all went back inside to change and it was the end of the day. As I was packing up my things, Todoroki came up to me and asked if I wanted to walk home with him; I said yes.
As we were walking down the street, Todoroki asked me a question. "So, how are you able to get that strong?" I look up at him and start thinking. "Well, all my life I didn't have the time to do most things like after school activities and such because of...reasons. So, I would train when things at home got..." I trailed off and didn't finish the rest of my response. Todoroki looked confused and asked, "What were the conditions when things at home got...?" He motioned his hand in a circle to show that he wanted me to explain. "It's complicated." That was my answer and the next thing he said made me freeze in place not because of shock but fear. "Your parents?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sorry to leave on a semi/cliffhanger but I was lazy and my motivation has told me to end this chapter here but I will try to post everyday. Note: I'll be in another country all of August and part of September so I won't be able to update but until then I will be able to! Also, check out my other book!
(There will be another quirk explanation chapter soon)