thirteen.

"𝙆𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙗𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣"

The day had come for Jon's army to leave the safety of Castle Black. They had spent the previous day rushing around, gathering men, weapons and supplies for their journey ahead. He had felt worried all day, that his men would forget something. It felt as if he was carrying twice the responsibility he did when he was Commander of Castle Black.

He woke earlier than any other man or woman in the walls of the castle. He didn't want to pull himself away from the furs that lay on the bed he had grown accustomed to over the past number of weeks. Jon found himself reluctantly pulling on his clothes, his boots and his cloak. It all seemed to take more effort than normal.

After some time, Jon felt himself staring into the flames that sat inside his fireplace. Every time he looked at them, he saw the faces of his traitors, and mainly Olly. He saw his young and delicate features, and he saw his blue eyes, the ones that used to follow Jon around the room. Jon knew Olly would have been a great member of the nights watch, it was just a shame his mind was tainted by those who wished to see that back of Jon.

Ashara's morning was similar to Jon's. She found herself not wanting to leave the warmth of her room at Castle Black. She felt sluggish as she pulled on her cloak and attached it to herself. Securing the belt around her waist, she looked out of her window to see the snow falling down peacefully. It would be a cold ride to the camp, just over the hills and away from Winterfell. She pulled her hair behind her head, leaving half of it down as she always did, and made her way to the courtyard. She was to ride at the front of the group with Jon and Davos. She was now commander, which meant she had to show her men who was to be respected, and Jon believed this was the best way to do so.

Her horse shuffled on the hay as she approached him. He was as black as the night, and the light gave him a sleek shine. He was his prettiest when the snow got caught in his mane..

"Morning boy." She spoke to the horse, whilst finding some apples for him to snack on. His saddle was carried down by her this morning, ready to place on the horses back. He was large and muscular, the horse of a true warrior.

Jon saw her struggling to push the saddle on her horses back. The sight brought a small smile to his lips. She was truly a sight to behold. Making his way over, his boots slushing in the snow, he spoke out to her.

"Some assistance Commander?" Jon joked with Ashara, making her head fly up to look at Jon, almost whacking her horses head in the process.

"If you please." She smiled sheepishly, feeling slightly embarrassed.

She watched him stride over to her effortlessly, not slipping on the snow, unlike herself who had done that multiple times. She stepped back from the horse, watching Jon pull the saddle onto the horse and fasten it. He felt her eyes staring at him, causing his cheeks to warm and flush red.

Ashara let out a small laugh at the sight, thanking Jon as he stepped away from the horse.

"My lord, how far is the ride to the camp?" She questioned as she led the horse out in front of the many men waiting to depart Castle Black.

"Shouldn't take more than 3 days my lady." He spoke back whilst collecting his horse from its own stable.

"I'm no lady, Snow." She joked back at him, a cheeky smirk gracing her face.

"Sorry, commander." Jon replied with the same tone, and the same smirk on his face. He left Ashara with her horse and tethered his to a post near the exit of Castle Black. Her eyes are fixed on him as he walks away towards Sansa's room.