two.

"𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙥𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣"

The nights travel in fast at Winterfell now that winter itself has come. The ancestral home of the Starks was an iconic feature of the north, with its odd shaped towers and the barren land surrounding its walls. However, since the arrival of the Bolton's, the land seemed more deserted than ever before, and the chill seemed even more bitter.

Ashara Sand stood behind Ramsay Bolton, the new Warden of the North, and claimed King of the North. She shuffled her feet in the snow whilst they waited for the fair skinned Stark daughter to walk down the makeshift aisle and meet her fate, the psychotic Bolton bastard.

Ashara herself was a bastard, from the sun kissed land of Dorne. Her father was supposedly the best warrior that her home land had ever seen. She reminisced of times when she was a child, sat on the docks whilst her mother plaited her hair and told her the history of the world and how her father was never defeated in battle. If Ashara thought hard enough she could remember how the sun felt on her skin, and how it left small tingles on her limbs.

She no longer looked like she was once a resident of Dorne. Her once tanned skin was now much paler, and her hair was no longer the light brown it was when the sun used to beat down on her as she ran circles around her mother's stall. It was now much darker, but it still possessed the slight waves that flowed down past her shoulders and hit just under her shoulder blades.

Ashara had somehow found herself in this position, Ramsay Bolton's most skilful soldier, and here to be the witness to the stark girl's marriage, who wasn't much younger than herself. Ashara had been by Roose Bolton's side since she was 14, being trained by him and his men after she left Dorne to pursue her duty of being one of the most skilful female warriors Westeros had ever seen.

"Ashara do I look presentable for my wife to be" Ramsay asked her, as she whipped her head around, taking her eyes off the weirwood tree that was behind her.

"Of course, your grace, the Stark girl should feel blessed to be marrying such a man as yourself." Ashara said with the same blank face she usually held.

Ashara knew this man was a monster, but her duties called to her, and the man gave her a roof over her head and food in her stomach. He looked away from her with a sinister smile on her face. Ashara already felt bad for the poor Stark girl and the pain that Ramsay would put her through.

Ashara moved her hand over her sword as she heard a rustle in the trees in front of them. Ready to pounce, she felt Ramsay put his hand on her shoulder, and he pointed into the bushes, and out came the girl, gripping onto the arm of Little Finger. Sansa Stark wore a worried expression on her face, as she slowly stepped towards where Ashara stood.

Sansa wore a white gown as she shook from the bitter winds. Ashara almost felt immune to the cool wind since being in Winterfell. It also aided her that she wore a thick cloak made from the skin of a wolf she had hunted in the weeks prior to Roose Bolton's death.

For the first time since she appeared in eyesight, Sansa looked up at Ashara, and met her deep brown eyes. Sansa was a true beauty with her fiery red hair and pale skin, thought Ashara. She soon reached the foot of the Weirwood tree where Ramsay stood, as Littlefinger gave her away.

Littlefinger's cloak was so long that it seemed as if he floated over to where Ashara stood.

"What a beautiful couple." Whispered Petyr into Ashara's ear.

"Aren't they just, I'm sure Lady Stark will be happy here at her home." Ashara said, meeting Petyr's eyes.

"A union that will benefit both families. Well what's left of the Stark family." He chuckled whilst Ashara looked longingly at Sansa, already feeling dread in the pit of her stomach for what was to come for Sansa.

"How long have you been an advisor to Lord Bolton? Last time I was here you were training with Roose." Quizzed Littlefinger.

"I'm not an advisor, just another soldier in the Bolton army." Ashara said, without taking her eyes off Ramsay.

Littlefinger took her comment as the end of their conversation, and continued to watch on the ceremony, as did Ashara.

The formalities did not take long, as Ramsay rushed his lines, wanting to get to consummating their marriage. Grabbing Sansa's hand, he pulled her down the aisle as she looked back at Littlefinger, who was supposed to protect her, and Ashara, who felt helpless.

Ashara bid Petyr goodbye, as she followed behind Ramsay and his new wife, knowing what was about to happen. The soldiers in Winterfell watched as Sansa rushed by them, some cheered their king on as they also knew what was about to happen.

Ashara found her way through the courtyard of the castle, and up the staircase that was near her quarters. She felt bad for Sansa, she truly did, she would make sure she would make Winterfell as comfortable as possible for her.

Pushing through her door, Ashara let out a sigh, taking off her belt which held her sheath for her sword, and a Valyrian steel dagger that was gifted to her by Roose. She threw the sheath on the table, along with the dagger, and removed her cloak, hanging it up by the burning fire, keeping it warm for the next day.

Sitting on her bed, she removed her boots, placing them near the fire too. As Ashara was doing this, a knock came at the door. Making her way over, she stood behind the door, pulling it open to reveal one of Ramsay's maids.

"Good evening, Ramsay has sent me to make up your bath, he sends his regards and thanks you for the role you played in todays ceremony." Said the elderly lady, pushing through the door, without being welcomed in.

Ashara watched as she grabbed the steel bath tub from the corner of the room, and filled it with water that was heating above the fire. Walking over to the bed, she sat on the edge, waiting for the maid to leave so she could be left in peace.

The maid insisted on having a conversation with Ashara, as she wished to be left alone.

"What a beautiful couple, I hope Lady Sansa produces beautiful children for our king so his line may carry on forever more." Said the maid, who's name had slipped Ashara's mind.

"Yes, a beautiful wedding ceremony too." She replied, her mind elsewhere, thinking about Sansa again.

"Your bath is ready now." Spoke the maid, exiting to room and shutting the door behind her as Ashara went and locked it.

Stripping down and throwing her clothes next to the fire, Ashara sunk into the hot water, a luxury which she hadn't enjoyed until she found herself in the company of the Bolton's. The water cascaded over her body as she hummed in happiness.

Ashara treasure these moments to herself, where she could feel more feminine. She found it hard to be in touch with that side of herself, constantly being surrounded by men made it difficult.

She stayed in the bath for a long time, until the moon hit the middle of the sky. Pulling herself out, she dressed herself for bed and grabbed a quill and ink from her desk, along with some paper. She sent messages to her mother as often as she could, updating her how her life was going. The messages were most likely not received by her mother, but she hoped they were.

Rolling the message, she tied it shut with a leather strap and left it on the desk to take to the ravens in the morning before anyone else woke.

She got herself into bed, placing her head on the pillow and feel asleep to the sad cries of Sansa Stark that could be heard all around Winterfell.