Day 2.2: Troubles in Neotendo. Begin the investigation.

We arrive at a large building with a red and white sign written 'Neotendo'. I can't help but resist the urge to laugh or giggle at the name. As far as I know, Neotendo is basically a renamed Nintendo. So, if this is the case then Blanc should've been this company's worker as she is the personification of Wii.

But I am getting sidetrack now. We walk into the building and reach the reception. The receptionist, like many people I've met before, is a woman. She busily worked on the holographic computer in front of her.

"Excuse me," I approach the woman to get her attention. "We're from the Guild and we just received your company's request." RED shows the quest detail in her phone to the receptionists. The woman looks up and after a few seconds, she nods and made a call.

"Morning sir, the Guild is looking for you." She pauses then nods before ending the call. She gestures us to the right towards the elevators. "The CEO would like to meet all of you. Just go to the 10th floor and then turn left. You should be able to see another receptionist there too."

"Thank you very much." We follow the directions given and made our way to the CEO's office.

We call the elevator which has a window facing the city. As we go higher, I look over the city and be admired by it. I can't help but wonder if it is possible for my world to reach this level with the limitations of resources.

"You seem to never see this before." I turn to Falcom and then back to the city view. Well, she is right. I never have seen the real Planeptune cityscape before. Though I can't help but be suddenly reminded I still haven't told them where I live before this.

Especially since they seem to not mention I didn't have basic survival necessities before coming to this world.

"Well, I live somewhere remote for most of my life. If anything, I have never been to any of the nations before." I smoothly lie through my teeth. Everyone got interested in my story now, I guess I need to build up my story through this now.

"My father barely comes home but when he would he'll bring something from the city." Well, more like the country. "Most of the time he would bring games and nice clothes for my family. But other than that, I never left the town before."

"What about monster problems?" Cheekama asks. Makes sense since in the outskirt there are a lot of monsters. If anything, I think this world is like many other worlds where monsters infest every corner of the world.

Especially the once former entertainment places that become a dungeon.

"There were almost no monster problems at all," I answer honestly this time, but next would be another lie again. "The town is built in a place where only very high-level monsters can reach there. But it doesn't happen usually since they would be somewhat exhausted by coming there. Most of the time the defense system would take care of them."

"Wow... if that is the case why haven't I passed by it or heard of it?" I momentarily glance at the floor display. We're on the 5th floor now. I shift my gaze back to Falcom, who is the one asks me. "Consider how obscure we are, I don't blame you. Even if we are to go there now..." I stop my sentence as I feel something is a little wrong.

I know my home is safe and sound but... what happened to it before I come here. Something happened before my arrival. I know it through my intuition and gut feeling, but I seem to forget something.

What the hell is this? Selective amnesia? What kind of stupid laser guided cliché is this?

"Something wrong? You stopped for a moment." I notice Arthur got close to me and I jump back a little. "Oh uh... nothing just... remembered something bad."