DAY 1.5: Some tutorial info dumps. Run, from the first boss?!

Our destination, Virtua Forest, is a half an hour walk from Planeptune. During our walk, RED, Million Arthur and Chikama made small talks to each other. Occasionally they would ask me general questions. As of now, RED was asking me my preference for women.

"I don't have a specific taste, to be honest." I shrug my shoulder when she looks disappointed. "If I want a woman to be my partner for life then I'll prefer to look for one when I feel like it. I in no rush and I'm still a young man."

RED skips in front of me and tried to do a sexy pose "Are you trying to conceal the fact you prefer sexy looking girls?" I try to cover my blush and probably succeed in it. I nonchalantly walk past her and respond to her.

"I won't deny I like sexy girls, but I am not interested in dating for now. I want to do what I wish and not restrained by a commitment."

I didn't bother to see the girls' reaction to my reply, but I guess they can understand where I come from.

[Through your brief interaction with RED, you gain +1 LXP with her.]

LXP? Does it mean [Lily XP]? If that is the case that mild interaction had made her know me better. I do not think I have too many things to learn about. A mediocre background with love for games and other creative media, compare to her, I am nothing.

"Doggo!"

We stop and see a blue, slime-like creature in front of us. It has a pair of black bean eyes and a dog's snout. The creature is currently bouncing happily(?) as if it has no sense of danger.

After all, this creature is often hunted by beginners.

"Doggo!" It barked(?) at us once more.

Million Arthur summoned her weapon, which is a sword with a gold sharp pommel with a black handle. It has a golden handguard with a crystal in the middle and a red fuller with gold patterns adorn it.

"That is one of the vile creatures we need to hunt for your quest. Be care-"

I casually walk past her and step on the Doggo a few times. Each time I step on it the creature would grunt until it turns into motes of data, leaving a blue droplet shaped jelly. I pick up the jelly and put it into my pocket.

[Doggo defeated! EXP+ 2]

[Doggo Jelly obtained]

[Achievement get: Not Epic]

"That was easy," I mumble to myself then turn to the girls. They are slack jaw and stare at me dumbly. Well... I mean it's not every day you see a random person casually step on a monster, do you?

"You... you..." RED shakily points at me which I respond with a shrug. "What? I'm conserving my SP for when I need it." And feels oddly satisfying. But I should keep that to myself.

"Your first battle should be a glorious battle of life and death! Not an anti-climatic stepping!" Million Arthur berates me, and I can't help but be slightly annoyed by it. "Do you want me to waste some of my SP just to make a flashy fight? Against a weak monster no less."

"It doesn't matter what kind of monster it is, you should show us what you are capable of instead of," she gestures where the Doggo used to be a moment ago, "You know..."

"Then it's safe to say I prefer pragmatism than your flashy battle," I replied her coolly and move forward to search for more Doggo or encounter a Real Gamer.

If I am honest, I think we aren't getting along right now. An infight this early isn't a good sign for the future at all. Maybe I can salvage it by being useful when a tough battle comes up? Who knows, maybe Murphy will screw me over.