Slipping

Kacchan helped me back into the hospital, complaining only a little, and one of the doctors who saw me leave earlier immediately rushed over and took hold of me.

"You know, you're really not supposed to do that," he stated as he walked me over to the elevators.

"Yeah, I'm really sorry about that, there was just something important that I had to do." I looked back and saw Kacchan trailing behind us, glaring at basically anybody that got too close to him.

Same old Kacchan.

We all stepped into the elevator and Kacchan shoved himself into the back corner, nonchalantly scrolling through his phone.

"I see they finally let that kid see ya."

"Finally?"

"Yeah, he's been waiting here for hours."

I looked slightly over my shoulder to Kacchan who was currently staring daggers into the doctor's back as if he was trying to kill him with his eyes.

I giggle slightly, keeping it as repressed as I possibly can so as to avoid the wrath of the blond standing behind me.

"What are you laughing at!" His glare shits to me.

I quickly snap my head forward again.

"Nothing. I wasn't laughing." I clamp my lips shut, trying to stop myself from laughing anymore.

"Pssh, whatever."

The elevator door opened and I kinda hopped out, leaning heavily on the doctor assisting me. We walked down the hallway all the way back to room 307 where I was supposed to be staying until 10:00 tomorrow.

"Now this time could you do me a favor and stay here until you're discharged," The doctor joked as he left the room. Just before he closed the door he popped his head quickly back in. "But if you do decide to go wandering at least wear the socks we provide. You could have stepped on glass or something walking around out there and I really don't feel like administering another tetanus shot today!"

"Okie dokie, I'll put 'em on right now." I gave him a thumbs up and the most reassuring smile that I could pull off, I didn't want him to worry.

A couple minutes of silence passed. I looked at Kacchan from where I was sitting on the bed.

"Hours?"

"Shut up," he huffed.

They sat there for another couple of minutes with nothing but the sound of the AC filling the room.

"So, what have you been up to" I said, trying to fill the silence.

"You know, just working."

"Really? Are you trying to tell me that all you've done since the last time I saw you is work?"

"Yeah, well some of us actually like to do our job well."

"Wow, Kacchan, you must be doing a lot of work for that to be the only thing that you do," I fake mused.

"Yeah, well apparently not enough because I'm still stuck as the number fucking three."

My eyes moved down to his hands which he was currently clenching and unclenching at his sides.

"Kacchan..."

I tried to move myself into his line of sight, I wanted him to see me, but he was avoiding looking in my direction.

"Katsuki."

Still not avoiding eye contact.

I push myself up using the footboard of the bed and slowly walk over to him. I walk until I am face to face with him and squeeze his shoulder.

"You're the greatest hero I have ever known. Even when were kids I knew you were going to be amazing. It doesn't matter if you're number three to the public, they don't know you. They couldn't possibly understand how hard you work and how much you've had to deal with and how much good you do. Just know that no matter what, I know these things. Kacchan, it doesn't matter what they think, because you're my number one hero."

He stared at me, not saying anything or even moving for that matter.

I guess that means I should probably go lie back down.

I started to turn away but slipped on the slick tile floor.

Dang it, the socks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katsuki POV:

What the fuck just happened?!

One second I was standing there with no idea what to say and the next Deku's got me pinned up against the wall.

I glance at either side of me where his arms were planted firmly against the wall and then looked down at him. He slowly lifted his gaze up from the floor with a surprised look on his face. His eyes met mine and his face went bright red. He scrambled to get off but ended up slipping and falling on his ass.

What an idiot. Just as clumsy as ever. No matter what he's doing that dork always ends up on his fucking rear end.

I watch as he frantically pushed himself up off the floor before falling back down again onto his stomach.

I mean damn, the only thing saving him from a constant hobble is all that fucking ass, I mean look at that fucking cushioning he's got back...there...

...

"Kacchan, could you help me...Oh my gosh, Kacchan, I think you're having an allergic reaction to something."

He frantically squirmed around on the ground trying to get up, worriedly saying things like "Oh geez," and "We gotta get a doctor in here".

"What the hell are you talking about! I'm perfectly fine!"

He stopped moving and looked up at me.

"But, Kacchan, your face. It's so red."

Shit.

"Maybe that's because it's a million fucking degrees in here!"

"Oh, I'm sorry."

He started scrambling again. He slipped back one more time and with a rather frustrated look on his face yanked the socks off. He hoisted himself back up onto his feet, leaving his stupid socks on the floor.

"Do you want me to turn on the air conditioner?"

"Why the hell would I want you to turn on the AC?!"

"Well you just said it was hot in-"

"I know...what I said..."

"Okay...So you don't think it's hot in here?" He cocked his head to the side just like a puppy would. "Kacchan, were you...blushing?"

Well fuck.