The Flashback

Katsuki POV:

That doctor approached me like one would approach a rabid dog: with caution, fear, and intent. I guess there was good reason for it, though, he basically had to fight me to get Deku. I don't know what I was thinking, but I couldn't seem to let him go.

When they got Deku away from me I saw him flinch and I ached. Not like the aching after going to the gym, only a woos wouldn't be able to handle an ache as insignificant as that, but an ache that felt painful in a new way, I just can't put my finger on it.

I should stay. I need to know he's okay. Why do I feel wet? Oh yeah, the blood.

I've had blood on me before, my own, other heroes, but mostly villains, but this was different. I can't stand this, the feeling of having Deku's blood smeared all me, for some reason this felt different then all the other times. It felt more disturbing, and unsettling and it makes me wanna vomit. 

...

It's probably going to take a while, I'll just leave my number at the desk like that little pipsqueak told me to and come back later. For now I'm gonna take a shower.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Katsuki walked home, with heavy, exhausted steps. When he got into his apartment it took all of his mental and physical strength to not just plop down on his couch and sleep forever.

He got into the shower and washed off all the blood. Deku's blood he thought. He was slightly shaking despite how hot the water was. He felt guilty for leaving Deku there all alone although he didn't know why. He hadn't spoken to Izuku in years ever since that night. Something had broken beyond repair.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kacchan, come back" Deku shouted as he ran after him.

"What do you fucking want, shitface?!" Katsuki growled out not even turning to look at Izuku.

"I don't know why you're upset and now you're storming off and you won't tell me why and-could you slow down!"

"I don't want to fucking talk to you."

"Well then at least let me walk with you, I don't want you walking out here alone." Izuku had a stern tone which was somewhat out of character for the normally bubbly boy.

"I CAN HANDLE MYSELF I DON'T NEED YOUR PROTECTION!" Izuku had clearly hit a sensitive spot.

"I wasn't trying to say that you can't protect yourself I just-" Izuku made to grab Katsuki's arm, but was flung to the ground, hitting his head on the pavement.

"SHUT UP, JUST SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE YOU MADE IT TO #1 DOESN'T MAKE YOU BETTER THAN ME SO YOU CAN STOP ACTING ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY AND TAKE A BREAK FROM BEING ALL FUCKING HEROIC! I DON'T NEED YOUR PROTECTION, SO WHY DON'T YOU GO FIND YOURSELF SOME MORE BABIES TO KISS OR SOME SHIT!"

Katsuki's breathing was quick and ragged as he stared down at Izuku.

"Kacchan, I-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT! Just stay the fuck away from me!"

Katsuki never believed that you could physically see emotion until he looked into Izuku's eyes. There was a deep kind of devastation, a heavy kind of heartbreak in those eyes. Any other person in any other circumstance would have reached out to the boy, would have helped him up onto his feet, would have held him to ease the pain, but this was not any other person or any other circumstance.

Katsuki turned around and walked away, leaving the new #1 hero there.

Izuku got up and stared at Katsuki's back as he walked away

Izuku kept texting Katsuki

Deku- Hey Katsuki, I know you probably don't want to hear from me but I would love it if we could talk some time. Anyway, I hope you have a good day! 😊

Deku- Hey, just checking up on ya. I haven't heard from you in a while. Feel free to call me or text me or stop by or something. Have a wonderful day today! 😊

Deku- Hey, just wondering if you wanted to meet up or something. You totally don't have to if you don't want to. Anyway, I'm here if you feel like talking. I hope you have an amazing day! 😊

Deku- Hey Katsuki, I heard that there's gonna be a gala for the top 100 heroes. I think it's going to be really great! I really hope I'll see you there! Have a great day! 😊

Katsuki wanted to respond but he could never bring himself to do it and eventually the messages stopped coming.

The two saw each other on the street during patrols, or when fighting, but Katsuki always just looked over momentarily and kept walking, and when it comes to battles, as soon as they were over Katsuki was gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As the water dripped off of him and down the drain Katsuki thought about that moment; he thought about the moment when he walked away. He left Deku there on the pavement, left him all alone. All the guilt and regret came rushing back.

He had left him again.

I have to get back to that hospital.

He rushed out of the shower and dried off as quickly as possible, throwing on a pair of black sweatpants and a white shirt and grabbed his camo jacket off the hook near the entrance as he bolted out the door, locking the door quickly before ruching down the hall and out the building.