31. b e h i j a b a n a - unveiled

Magsimula sa umpisa

Sanaz removed her hijab and fixed back the dupatta on her head as she stood against the door in his room. His room. Her stomach fluttered yet again. It was their room now. It was a typical man's room. An enormous bed against the canvas of black wall. A floor to ceiling window looking over the trail of mountains. A closet matching the black wall. The minimalistic dressing table scattered in an organized fashion with his hair products and cologne. And then traces of books almost everywhere.

"I'm nervous." She whispered. "What if he looks at my scars and realizes it wasn't worth it."

Sanaz pulled her hand and sat her on the edge of the bed, sitting in front of her on the floor, holding her hands.

"He is your husband now. That man out there is madly in love with you. He knows what was your past and he knows what you did. And he doesn't give a damn and that's exactly how it's supposed to be." Her best friend fixed the delicate necklace on her collarbone. "As strong as this relationship is, it's just as weak if you falter in communicating what's in your heart and what's in your heart and mind. So break down that barrier. Communicate with him. Be open with him. Always remember more than love, it's respect that matters so respect each other and this relationship."

"And remember both of you are just a normal couple and who are going to learn about each other every day and make mistakes. Life is not rainbow and sunshine every day. Things will come that will bring on about arguments and disagreements, but never, Rabail, never make it an issue of ego and anger. Once it becomes your ego, it only brings about worse. So always just let him know if he made mistake and listen to what he had to say and his apology and if you made a mistake be honest and just apologize. And at the end of the day just let each other know the respect and love you carry for each other."

Rabail nodded.

"Thank you, Snazzy." She hugged her friend.

"Ugh don't be emotional or I'll cry. I'm going to miss sharing the mess you created in the room."

"Shut up. I'm not even messy, just disorganized." She rolled her eyes. "Akira?"

"Don't worry I brought her with me and she attended the whole ceremony with joy and shed a few tears I'm sure and is now comforting and romancing Willow out in the living room."

"WHAT? Stop that. Stop corrupting my cat."

"Mhmm." Falak wiggled her eyes. "Start thinking about yourself... who is gonna get corrupted tonight?"

"ASTAGHFIRULLAH!" Rabail touched her ears at what her friend insinuated. Ayla and Sanaz broke into a fit of laughter.

"What do you mean Astaghfirullah? He is your husband. You guys have all the legal and religious right to do the funny business." Rabail's cheek turned bright pink and she glanced away. "Omg, why you blushing? You got that birds and bees talk right?" Rabail's eyes widened. "Ugh someone hold me, please. I'm falling. How could you have never gotten the talk? I'm going to have to even do that."

"Shut up, Falak,"

Her friends teased her and bid goodbye as they literally dragged Falak out of there as she was adamant on holding the door closed until she extorted the money out of Asfandyar as a tradition.

/////

She was staring at the silver of the moon above the chaos of the trees beyond the mountains. It was unheard of clears skies and shining moon in Exeter during the month of November, but here she was staring at the diamond of the night as it shined luminously in all its glory.