chapter 26 (angst ending)

Start from the beginning

It felt like hours before someone came in and dropped me off dinner and said, "You will have your one phone call after you finish your meal." Turning he stays near the door to leave and i just kinda turn around and quietly said, " my handcuffs are still on. " My guard comes into the cell and glares at me while he unlocks my handcuffs.

"Dont you dare move til I close the door." I did what he said and pocked around the meal and began to eat it ignoring the disgusting taste of it all.

Once I finished I looked at the man expectantly and he walked over and grabbed me the guard following me closly behind til I got to the phone station. With no hesitation I picked up the phone and dialed Chans number.

"Hey chan!"

" OMG JISUNG ARE YOU OKAY WHAT HAPPENED??? "

"I dont have much time but I got arrested for being a hybrid and its almost my birthday and and you know. I love you Chan you and Changbin were the only family I ever had. I knew that this would happen since Minhos break out so I wrote you 8 letters and and they are on your table. Imma miss you all please do the things I ask please. I love you and goodbye." I am choking on my sobs then add brokenly,  "my thing is tomorrow can you all come?"

"wouldnt miss it for the world dear. I love you and you mean everything its been amazing to be your family we will miss you and I cant believe this is happening. We will honour you. Goodbye... I wish I could have say a proper bye sooner since your birthday is so soon but i wanted to forget the fact. I love-"

The phone call stopped and I was escorted back to my room crying. The weight of finally dying coming to me, if this happened 2 years ago I would have been fine but seeing Chan and Changbin again it was nice and I didnt want death as much. I couldnt leave them, I dont want to go please! My chocked sobs rack through my body as I clutch the flimsy bed my breath shortening and shortening. I felt like i couldnt breath. Everything was swallowing down on me and i take short gasps of breaths trying to breath. At sometime I tried holding my breath to allow me to breath after but it didnt work.

For a few moments it felt all fuzzy as if I would pass out but I didnt. It takes a while to calm down and soon I try ahd go to sleep knowing tomorrow I would get my death sentence and also to see my friends one last time.

*THE NEXT DAY AT THE TRIAL* (idk trials so bare wirh me)

I sat down at the table seeing my friends away from me silently supporting me. Chan and Changbin were crying and there eyes and puffy from crying and lack of sleep. It made me want to cry more. Minho sat across me and i scowled at him and he smirks.

The judge goes on the podium in front of us and demands for silence. "So Minho will you recount your story you told us earlier."

"My pleasure your honour." He takes in a breath and says. "Me and Jisung dated for a bit and I had no idea of this. One day he came up to me and told me about him being a hybrid and showed me his squirrel ears."

"Is this true Jisung?" He turns towards me.

"Yes it is your honour if you see my beanie was lost during coming here so my ears are for full display"

"Okay are you guilty of being hybrid?"

" i mean yeah i guess I wouldny be if I would have chosen. "

"Your 18th birthday is in 5 days and from then I sentence you the death sentence of our electric chair!" The court room erupted in cheers as yet another hybrid is caught. I just sat shook not pricessing im going to die in 5 days. Chan and Changbing shout my name and try to run towards me. I try to run to them but i could only graze Changbins tear streaked cheek.