Chapter 10 - Jumping Trains

Comenzar desde el principio

            “Lori!” Erin shouted running up to her mentor. She smiled and hugged the woman. Lori took a step back and moved some of Erin’s short hair out of the girl’s eyes.

            “Erin,” Lori smiled and quickly got to business, “How did it go?”

            “I haven’t found him yet,” Erin lied looking Lori in the eye.

            “That’s a shame,” Lori dropped her hands and adjusted her white blouse.

            “I think I am close, I found his-“ Erin started but was cut off by the older woman.

            “Stop,” Lori shook her head and her kind demeanor disappeared. The temperature started to drop, “Erin, I gave you this simple task and you have to lie to me.” Lori looked at Erin and frowned, “I know you fought him. I know he has probably positioned you against me.”

            “Lori, it’s not like that,” Erin tried to explain, “He told me you attacked his father.”

            “And you believed him?” Lori’s hand started to glow a pale blue and Erin’s eyes darted to it.

            She took a big breath and looked at the woman she trusted so much these past months. Suddenly, Erin felt like she didn’t really know her all that well, “Yes.”

            “I took care of you Erin!” Lori shouted angrily.

            “Lori, I need to ask you something,” Erin breathed deeply finding the courage to speak, “Did you cause the car accident my parents were in?”

            “No Erin, I didn’t,” Lori spoke and the temperature continued to drop. So much so that her breath could be seen escaping her mouth. “But you seem eager to crucify me.”

            “Almost as eager as you were to recruit me for your special little army of Sage,” Erin rebutted.

            Lori pointed her arm out and smirked. She sent an icy cold blast at Erin. Jumping aside, Erin dodged the blast. Instantly Ford jumped out of his hiding spot and sprinted towards Lori. He forced a strong gust of wind knocking Lori down.

            “You should have stayed dead,” Ford commented staring down Lori.

            “And he shows his face,” Lori turns her hand to ice, showing that when she melted into snow in their prior battle it was just her skill rather than an actual loss.  Turning her attention back to Erin, Lori started to plea, “Erin, I have been with you for a while.”

            “And you asked me to kill an innocent guy,” Erin added looking to Ford then back to Lori.

            “Tell the truth Lori,” Ford balled his fist and wind started to rustle everyone’s hair. The lights flickered. To a passerby no one would have guessed what was going on between the three. No one could have fathomed the power that was contained in these three people.

            “The truth is I have given both of you too many chances.” Lori looked at Erin and smiled. “If you think I’m bad, wait and see what’s coming. It will make me look like nothing.”

            Erin was suddenly taken aback. The woman she knew was all an act, she was finally seeing the monster behind the mask.

            “I won’t let you get away this time,” Ford growled and the wind picked up even more.