Chapter 24

I'm still sitting on the porch, swinging on the swing

I'm still sitting on the porch, swinging on the swing. Most of the kiddos have finally gone home. Only a few of the little monsters remain. I've lost count of how many fights I've had to break up since I've been sitting here. I have to give Wren a lot of credit. She handles these children very well without losing herself in the process.

Speaking of Wren, I haven't seen her since she tried to decapitate me. Hopefully she's in a better mood. If he ever does that to her again, I'm going to kill him myself.

As long as I've known her, I have never seen her so mad before. I mean, she gets mad, but not mad enough to where I can't talk to her. It was almost like she was a totally different person and I don't want to see that person ever again.

To be honest, she had me fearing for my brother safety. The thought makes me chuckle. I wasn't too sure if I should leave them alone at first. But he created that mess and he needed to fix it.

Wren steps out onto the porch. Her hair is wrapped in a towel. She must have just got out of the shower. She takes a seat on the swing next to me and hands me a glass of tea. I love her tea. It tastes a lot better than store bought tea, that's for sure.

"Most of the kids went home. I never knew how many horny semi-attractive moms Oakley's friends have," I joke.

"I'm sorry!" She sighs, ignoring my comment. "I don't know what came over me."

I know what came over her. Sex and Draven, that's what!

I chuckle, "It's okay, I blame him anyway. He can be a dick sometimes." She laughs. It's so nice to see her smiling and laughing again.

I take a sip of my tea, "So, where's Draven?"

She pulls the towel from her hair and begins to towel dry it. "He's in the shower." Her long hair flopping through the air as she roughly dries it with the towel, sprinkling me with little droplets of water. When she's finished, we sit silently for a few moments. She fiddles with the ends of her hair. You can tell she has something on her mind.

She sighs, "Are you okay with all this? I mean with Draven and I?" There's concern written all over her face.

At first I wasn't too sure about it. But after careful consideration, I think the two of them will be good for each other. She needs someone who would be willing to protect her and her children at all costs and I believe that's him. And he needs someone to show him unconditional love and support and that's her. So yes, I am very much okay with this.

I smile. "I am one-hundred percent okay with this. It's just going to take some getting use to, that's all."

Her face softens and her eyes begin to fill with tears. She puts her head down and sniffs. Did I say something?

I scoot closer to her. "What's wrong, sugar," I ask softly, pulling her into a hug. "Did I say something wrong?"

She sniffs again and pulls her head back to look at me, "No, I'm just scared." Just by the look on her face, I can tell, she truly is scared.