fear can taint (2)

"He who has overcome his fears will truly be free"~Aristotle

---

City of London Magistrates' Court, London, England, 20 December 1963, 11:00 am. 

The courtroom was silent. Some just stared, eyes wide open at the door, which was still swinging. 

This was unprecedented. 

For someone to have left the courtroom from presenting their very viable case, was unprecedented. 

No one had done such a thing before. There were a few whispers from the judge and jury. The whispers grew in volume. 

Through all of this, Gregory was silent. His eyes were full of shock. 

He was disappointed in Paul. 

x

Upstairs in the booth, John and Chloe were frozen in their seats--too shocked to do anything. They couldn't believe Paul had been throwing his life away for the past 4 months, just to chicken out at the last minute. 

"Fuckin' git...", John grumbled. Chloe patted his back to calm him down. 

"It's okay. He'll come to his senses. Hopefully.

"Keep telling yourself that Chlo.", John scoffed. 

"Bloody git's been neglecting me band for this. I support him and he chickens out. How do I keep me cool in this Chlo?! We were going to fuckin' places! We don't even have another hit!". 

Chloe rolled her eyes. She was sick of the childish behaviours of both John and Paul from the past few months. Still, she listened. It was better to not fight with John. 

"Fuckin' Epstein's gonna fuckin' murder us when he finds out what Paul's been up to. We were supposed to be writing and recording a single while he's been out on holiday. How do we tell him? ", John grumbled. 

"Don't tell him. Simple as that la'.", Chloe twirled a lock of her hair between her fingers. 

"Easy for you to say. We're never getting anywhere. Not with this shit going on.". John ran a hand through his hair. 

"You're a bastard, John. A selfish bastard.", Chloe scowled, clearly upset. 

x

11:40 am

"Hear hear. Hear hear.", the judge's voice boomed through the microphone. The court slowly ushered into silence. 

"The court has decided that Mr McCartney is unable to present his case. This case is closed. You may now leave--", he was interrupted by Gregory. 

"Your honour, I'm sure Mr.McCartney has a perfectly good reason for leaving so abruptly. I know my client well. He's just stressed, your honour. The baby matters a lot to him--."

"But that doesn't just allow Mr.McCartney to simply leave and come back at his will. This case is closed--"

"STOP! Give us 20 minutes your honour. That's all I'm asking. Please. You can do whatever you want after. Just 20 minutes. Please.", Gregory was practically begging at this judge. That certainly improved his reputation. 'Paul McCartney's Lawyer, begging at judge'.