Video Rental

Your mom made you go pick up some movies from the video rental place by the arcade. You hated going there. It was like he was the only one that worked there or that he could sense that you were going to rent movies that day. He was always trying to flirt with you, one time you heard your brother, Dustin, tell his friends that he was offered free movies if you went on a date with Keith. You were really hoping that Keith wasn't going to be there.

As you walk in you hear someone greet you. You kinda tuned them out, you just grabbed the movies your mom told you to get and quickly looked around to see if Keith was there. You couldn't see him so you rushed to the counter. You look up to see Steve, you let out a breath of relief and smiled at him.

"Are you okay Henderson?" You slightly shook your head.

"Yeah, I'm just glad that it's you that's checking me out." As soon as the words left your mouth and you realized what you had said and how you had said it, you were embarrassed. It didn't help that Steve was laughing his ass off.

"Oh my God, that's not what I meant." You quickly tried to save yourself.

"It's alright Henderson, I'd be glad to check you out anytime." His eyes looked you up and down. Steve Harrington was one smooth mother fucker.

"Okay, well ar- are you gonna come to Dustin's movie night tonight?" You were desperately trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, I'll be there. Should I bring anything?"

"You could bring some food, I'm about to go grab some but, I always feel like I never get enough. Those boys eat everything." Steve laughed at your comment, out of the corner of your eye you saw Keith and he saw you. You quickly paid Steve and ran out of there. Steve turned around and saw Keith standing there. Steve knew that Keith's advances often made you uncomfortable.

"What'd you say to make her run out of here like that, Steve?" Steve looked at Keith with a look of shock and he went back to work.

When you got home you went to your room, layed face down on your bed and just groaned. Dustin walked in and looked around your room to see if he could figure out what was making you groan. He saw the bag from the video place and sat on your bed.

"What did Keith say this time?" You sat up so that you could look at Dustin.

"Nothing, it's what I said to Steve!" You ran a hand through your hair. Dustin knew about your crush Steve but, he also knew about Steve's crush on you. It was a freaking miracle that he hadn't accidentally told one of you or any of The Party. He knew it wasn't his place to tell either of you so, he just waited for his 2 best friends to get together.

Dustin listened to you retell what had happened at the video place, he could see why you were frustrated. To you, it always seemed like you embarrassed yourself in front of Steve. Dustin knew that Steve loved when you got flustered around him. Steve thought it was adorable when you would stutter or try to change the subject as quickly as possible.

Dustin continued to reassure you that you didn't embarrass yourself. You told him that you wanted to take a nap before everyone came over you told him to wake you up 30 minutes before everyone got there so that you could grab food before everyone got there.

Dustin completely forgot to wake you up. So when Steve showed up with pizza and drinks, he panicked. He knew you were gonna be mad but, maybe you would be less mad if you woke up to Steve's face? He had to give a try.

"Shit! Steve can you go wake up Y/N? She's in her room asleep."

Steve placed the pizza on the kitchen table. He walked to your room and quietly pushed open the door. He walked in your room and he realized he had only been in here one time before now. You had cleaned his wounds after he fought with Billy. He didn't even stay long after, as soon as you were done, your face just inches away from his, Dustin burst through the door, asking Steve to help him with something. Steve could've kissed you that day, he should've, maybe if he did he wouldn't be wondering if you like him back or not. Steve walked over to you and shook your shoulder. When you finally opened your eyes, you saw Steve's face and you quickly got out of bed.

"Thanks for waking me up Steve! We should probably go sit with the kids" You grabbed the movies and pulled Steve out of your room. You made eye contact with Dustin, you motioned for him to go in the kitchen.

"Really Dustin? You sent Steve to wake me up?" You were whisper yelling, you didn't want Steve or any of the kids to notice that  you were arguing with Dustin.

"I just didn't want you to be mad at me for waking you up late! I thought you'd be less mad if you saw Steve's face before mine because, well ya know" You rolled your eyes at him.

"I wouldn't have been mad, I just have to go to the store and get you guys some snacks!" You walked back in the living room.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go to Melvald's to grab you guys some snacks, any requests?" You heard them all say chips, or candy and you heard Lucas tell you to grab some Coke. Steve practically ran to the door.

"I can come if you want." You looked at all the kids, Dustin was giving you 2 thumbs up.

"Uh sure, El is in charge, no fucking around while we're gone." Dustin looked shocked when he heard that El was in charge. El was smiling brightly.

"Yeah guys no fucking around while they're gone." You were shocked to hear El repeat your words but you were also proud in a way. You and Steve walked out to your car and got in. You started driving to Melvald's.

"Hey Y/N, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah go for it"

"Well I was thinking, and this is just like an idea that I just thought of so, if you don't think it's a good idea, then we don't have to do it. But, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date? It's totally cool if you don't want to." Steve looked terrified, he was desperately waiting for your answer. It felt like a life time before you answered but it was really only a couple of seconds.

"I would love to! You know I'm free whenever, so just call me." Steve was grinning ear to ear. You guys got to Melvald's and quickly grabbed everything. Joyce Byers was at the register and asked if Will could stay the night at your house since she had to work a late shift. You told her that he was more than welcome to stay the night and you left. When you got back in your car, Steve reached a hand over to yours and interlocked your fingers.

When you got back to the house, Steve helped you carry everything in and you went to sit down. You sat with El, Max and Will, all 3 of them were cuddling up with you. On the other side of the room , Steve sat by Dustin, you saw them high fiving, and Dustin looked over to you while give you a silent applause. You rolled your eyes at him, and turned your attention to Steve. He was already staring at you, he blew a kiss your way and you pretended to catch it and held your closed fist to your heart.

As the night went on, more and more kids were falling asleep, you woke up the girls and told them to go sleep in your bed. As you got blankets for the other kids, you heard Steve calling everyone's parents to let them know about the unplanned sleep over that was now taking place. Steve walked towards you and wrapped an arm around your shoulder. He smiled at you, as you looked at all of the sleeping boys on the floor. You looked at Steve and he placed a sweet kiss on your lips. You and Steve cuddled together on the couch. All you could think about was how excited you were for your date with Steve.