Kick to the ribs

Waking up in Chris's arms was something Trinity truly loved. The comfort of one of his arms rapped around her shoulders and the other around her waist, mixed with the sound of his heart beat and the smell of the cologne he always wore.

Inhaling deeply as she sat up Trinity raised her hands high above her, stretching. She quietly got up and slipped away from Chris's hold and went to get ready for school.

After she was ready for school Trinity grabbed her bag and two granola bars. As she went by the couch she tossed one at Chris's sleeping form.

He let out a pained groan when the granola bar hit him in the head effectively waking him. "Huh?" He asked as he sat up.

"Get up sleepy head you gotta get ready for work." She said grabbing her keys for the apartment.

"Am I not taking you to school?" He asked hesitantly while rubbing his eyes.

"Uh no. I haven't told Trevor that he wont need to take me to school anymore and I'm not completely sure if I want to stop going to school with him."

"N-nothing against you! I just really like spending time with him. Ya'know... Cause he is my boyfriend and all..." She added after seeing the hurt look that crossed his face.

"Oh... Yeah! Totally! Its up to you anyways. I mean we still see each other everyday at home if your not working by the time I go to sleep so its fine." He replied hurriedly trying to hide the way he truly felt about the situation.

"Mkay" Trinity said looking at his face for any sigh of his feelings on the subject at hand.

After giving Chris a tight and reassuring hug Trinity ran out to where Trevor sat in his car waiting for her.

"You seem happier then you did yesterday." Trevor said raising an eyebrow as she climbed into the car grinning.

"Yup!" Was all she said as she buckled up.

"Let me guess... You made up with Chris and now everythings back to normal?" He asked with a sigh.

"Yeah. No need to be so happy about it." She responded rolling her eyes.

"Am I supposed to be happy about MY girlfriend being so close with a guy whos admitted to being in love with her?!" Trevor snaps glancing over at her as he drives out of the apartment parking lot.

"N-no. But I expect you to not get mad at me just for having a good relationship with a male friend!" She snapped back voice cracking from the hurt she was trying to hide. The fact that he was so mad baffled her.

"Why are you so upset anyways? He and I both know that nothing will ever come of his feelings. Are you seriously so insecure about our relationship that this is gonna be an issue?" She demanded, quietly adding. "Nothing could ever happen anyway..."

Not hearing what she said at the end Trevor gripped the steering wheel tighter. " Like you keep saying you've known him forever right? So how can I not be worried Trinity?! We've only known each other for less than a month!" He snapped again voice growing louder with each word.

"Yeah and yet who am I dating? Huh! Although I'm starting to think that that was poor judgement on my part." Trinity said turning her head to hide her tears.

The rest of the car ride was silent. As soon as they parked Trinity got out of the car quickly, slamming the door behind her. She stormed into the school ignore Trevor calling her back.

As soon as she got to her locker she opened it and used it to hide her crying face. As she was wiping her face someone came up to her and tapped her shoulder. She glanced over and saw her best friend.