Chapter 12: The Day After

Start from the beginning

After the breakfast, grandma told me that she would go to the market since we were running out of vegetables. So I decided to wash the sheets with bloodstains at the backyard where the well was located at.

Since I don't know how to wash fabrics, I was really having a hard time. Lisa should be the one washing this! Because in the very first place, she's the reason of this bloodstains! Aiish!

I was so engrossed washing the sheets when someone from my back covered my eyes, "Guess who?" just by hearing those voice, my heart raced madly like a horse afraid of losing the run.

"Hmm. Let me guess, is this someone who looks like a monkey?" I teased her.

She chuckled and let go of my eyes, "That was rude Nini!"

I turned my head around to face her and as our eyes met, I could see the same set of eyes I adore. She smiled weakly at me and said,

"What are you doing here at the well? I looked for you inside the house but you're not there. I almost panicked, I thought you left after what happened last night." she whined and I frowned at her.

"Silly! Where did you get that idea? Why would I leave? As far as I know, some guys only want a woman's body, and you had mine. There is a possibility that you were the one who would think about running away since you already got my body." I teased her.

Woah Jennie! Since when did you learn to speak like that?!

As soon as I finished my sentence, Lisa moved closer and to my surprise, she hugged me firmly.

" But I'm not like those guys. Don't doubt me Nini. I hope you're not regretting what happened between us." she said weakly.

Goodness gracious! She misunderstood it! Aiish. This mouth.

I let go from the hug and cupped her cheeks, "Hey, I'm not doubting you. And I'm not regretting anything and surely will not regret anything in the future. That was one of my best nights Lisa. And I surrendered myself to you freely." I calmy said.

I saw her lips slowly formed a wide toothy smile revealing her perfect set of pearl white teeth. I can't help but to smile with her. Who would not? Her smile is infectious.

She then kissed my forehead tenderly and hugged me again even more tightly.

"I really love your warmth Lili." I mumbled against her chest.

She just chuckled and ask again, "So what were you doing here in the backyard?" while slowly letting go from the hug.

My eyes widen when I remembered I was washing the sheets with blood. I was about to tell her a different reason but it's too late, she already saw the sheets on the laundry basin. Shit! The bloodstains were still visible!

Her body stiffened. She looked at me and to the basin then back to me with an amused look. I felt my cheeks reddened because of her actions.

She then walked towards the basin and said, "Let me handle this Nini. Just go inside and would you please prepare my breakfast?" she shyly said. I just nodded. And dashed inside.

Wew! That was awkward!

I walked straight to the kitchen and reheat the soup for Lisa. I also prepared some eggs and toast for her.

Just as I finished putting her breakfast on the plate, she walked inside the house.

"Done." she said pointing the sheet neatly hanging on the clothesline outside.

"Done." I also said pointing her breakfast. We both laughed.

"Come on! Eat now!"

She was eating while I'm resting my elbow on the table supporting my head with my palms while looking at Lisa.

She stopped munching her toast and stared at me intently, "What?" I said raising my eyebrow.

"Do you feel pain anywhere? I bought you some painkillers." she said getting the medicine inside her pocket.

"Here." she handed me a small paper bag.

"Thank you but don't worry. I'm fine, really. Just a little sore but I can manage Lili." I assured her.

"Okay. If you say so." she said and continued eating.

"By the way, would you like to come to the market with me tomorrow?" she talked again.

I nodded eagerly, "Yes! Actually I really wanted to ask you too."

"Good. I'll get you after fishing tomorrow, okay? Besides we need to buy you a new dress for Seulgi's party on Saturday. And don't argue with the money. Just let me." she said firmly.

I just shrugged and smiled sweetly.

_________________________