» Chapter 19 | The Dance

Gabriel was wearing a blue uniform with golden medals on his chest

Gabriel was wearing a blue uniform with golden medals on his chest. He wore that huge, charming smile and handed me the bouquet.

I was speechless.

"Do you like them?"he asked.

"Very much. I .. I don't know what to say" I was looking at the roses and inhaled their mesmerizing smell.

"Just say you are happy. That's enough for me." he pulled me in his arms and kissed me.

That was our first kiss.

Downtown in front of everyone. And I was surprised at how nice it felt.

I was kissing him back. And the feeling I got was a rush of gentle, graceful love going through my veins. Nothing like Jasper's. This was pure and innocent.

With Jasper it was lustful and hardcore. It was dark and passionate. As this was saintly.

I was conflicted at how I was feeling towards both of them. I knew that there was going to be a time I'd have to choose between them. And I despised myself for it.

Deanne, Brandon, Levi and Briana came together. They were all beautiful and elegant. And we were all really hyped about tonight.

We got ourselves beers and sat down waiting for the chairlady to say her speech. Brandon, Levi and Gabriel got for all of us hamburgers and fries and we had a lot of fun. I was happy and a little bit tipsy of the three beers I've already drank.

When we finally got to the point of dancing I was ready as I'll ever going to be. We were in a line male versus female. The music began - a version of Secret by The Pierces. It was slowed down and we danced gracefully around each other. The steps were easy and I didn't mess up. Gabriel was smooth and his arms were sending me hot thrills down my back. We were swirling and at the end we changed partners.

That's when Jasper came in like the Devil he was. He took me away from the sweet Gabriel and pulled me close to his muscular body. I instantly felt the bulge in his uniform.

"What was that kiss earlier?"he sounded angry.

"I don't think you should be asking me that. After all you are Brooke's boyfriend and maybe a future fiancé? " My hand was in his and we did the cross-body lead.

"Not a chance. I'm with her so people can stop talking about us. After what you did we almost got caught." he snapped.

"That's not true. Only Deanne knows."

"Isn't that enough? Her father is the town mayor and his uncle is the chief of police. Be serious for a second. She could've ruined everything."

"But she didn't. You did." I emphasized on the last part on purpose.

He looked at me deeply in the eyes. Twirled me around and we came face to face again.

"I need to see you alone." his tone was low and husky.

"No. I'm with Gabe now."

"Please." he was begging me now?? "We have to talk in person. Without everyone's eyes on us."

"I'll think about it."

"Our place. After midnight. I'll wait for an hour." he said and then swirled me to Gabriel.

I ended up face to face with Gabe.

"God you are sexy" he smiled at me and I felt the guilt from the conversation with Jasper.

I smiled in half and we bowed to each other to mark the ending of the first dance.

Applause followed.

And now I had to decide. A night with the young knight of the light or an adventure with the older lord of the darkness?