chapter 9 // donbu-really?!

[A/N: I'm spoiling you guys too much. Here's another update!]

Alyson's POV

THAT WAS SO EMBARRASSING. So. Embarrassing.

Get a hold of yourself Alyson!!

What the fuck just happened there? Why did my cheeks heat up so much? Did I really turn red?? Like a fucking tomato?? Did Isshiki's tomatoes have something in them?? Am I turning into a stupid tomato?

I scratched the back of my neck, thinking back to how I might have just flirted with Soma Yukihira and how he might have flirted back. Believe me, that was in NO way intentional nor planned. I'm just as confused as the next person. Also, the european-chinese fusion ramen society? Really Aly? That literally made zero sense. Real smooth of me.

Shaking my head, I tried to shift my thoughts to something else. I remembered I had a new class to attend to and since I had nowhere to go to, decided to had for my room instead. I was a bit early when I arrived, and only one other student was in there. A tan, blonde girl with short hair wearing the upper half of our uniform tied up exposing her belly was sharpening some of her knives. Seeing as there's no one else in the room yet, I approached her and tried to make a conversation.

"Hey there. It's my first time seeing you around. I'm-" "The new girl. Dojima, right?" She said, cutting me off. I nodded. Was she one of those people talking behind my back during my introduction?

"Are you in any way related to the head chef of the Totsuki Resort?" She asked, not even bothering to introduce herself. I let out a silent chuckle. Of course people in here knew dad. He was one of the best in his generation.

"If I was, would that mean anything?" I asked back. She closed her eyes and smirked. "Maybe. That would mean you're someone to look out for and someone who could be a very valuable asset." She held out her hand for me to shake. "The name's Ikumi Mito." I shook her hand. "Alyson Dojima. Call me Aly." "Well then, you can call me Ikumi."

~

"Class dismissed! Mito, Dojima, Takahashi, Aldini, Hayama, you, you and you. You're free to leave." The instructor said, pointing to the people who passed. "The rest of you failures are staying here and repeating the different cutting techniques until you perfect all of it!" She announced. Only a few of us including me, Ikumi, a chubby guy with brown hair and a tall guy with silver hair passed and were able to leave the room.

I got to talk more with Ikumi during our class and I discovered that she was in Erina's posse. I honestly didn't expect it considering how warm she was with me, compared to Erina's snobby attitude. She was an expert in the field of meat and has won various shokugekis. I asked her what the shokugekis were for, to which she replied, "Let me show you after class."

Which is why I'm now being led by Ikumi to the Don RS which she said she had some unfinished business with.

"I was right, huh?" She suddenly asked. I looked at her in confusion. "You are related to Gin Dojima, am I right?" She asked again.

I decided to keep her in the dark for the meantime. "Whether or not I'm related to him, am I someone to watch out for?" She smirked and nodded. "You have skill. Erina would want you in her faction." I made a sour face and shook my head. "I'm not really keen on being someone's lackey. I'd rather start my own posse instead."

Before I knew it, we were standing in front of the Don RS's clubroom. A bunch of middle-aged men in work uniforms stood outside.

"Are you all complete?" Ikumi asked. The man in front of her nodded. "Let's go then."