chapter 3 // egg-trance exams

"You have just one minute to decide your fate. Now's your chance to get out and leave."

With those words that came out of Erina's mouth, everyone started to scream and run out of the hall as if their own lives depended on it. I had to keep my mouth shut so I wouldn't laugh since they all looked like a herd of bulls. Also because I saw Kaito running along with the crowd from the corner of my eye. Can't believe that guy who acted so cocky awhile ago got scared to his core just by the mere thought of cooking an egg for this Erina girl right here.

While everyone was still running, I heard a guy's voice say something in what has to be one of the most scared tones I have ever heard. "Don't you know who she is?? That's Erina Nakiri, harbinger of the greatest palate known to man! She's known as the God Tongue!!! If she tastes anything less than perfection, she will tell you that you're a good for nothing with no talent and your life as a chef will be over forever!!!"

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・● ・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○

3rd person POV

Erina smirked as she watched every single person (or so she thought) run for their lives and leave the building. What a bunch of low-life cowards. Did they actually think that they could get into Totsuki? Ha, they can only wish. My God Tongue won't allow any amateurs to ever walk among the halls of the academy.

With crossed arms, she said, "As expected, a bunch of dimwits with no promise. This is pointless. These recruits are always a bunch of drooling monkeys." She then turned to Hisako. "Is that all we have left on our schedule today?" "Uhh, yes ma'am." The girl with vibrant pink hair, who happened to be Erina's aide and secretary, said. Erina, who looked as bored as ever with the outcome of the entrance exams, replied. "Then I will be going to my room so I can work on a new dish."

Alyson's POV

"Then I will be going to my room so I can work on a new dish." Erina stated, no interest whatsoever present in her purple eyes. With those words, she turned around and started to walk away, the other girl quickly following behind.

"Uhm, excuse me?" My lips blurted out before my mind had the chance to register. The red-haired boy next to me said exactly the same thing, only in a tone less challenging than mine.

Erina and who I now assume is her assistant stopped in their tracks. Both heads whipped around in astonishment.

"We're still here, so today's exams aren't through just yet." I insisted, placing a hand on my hip and gesturing to my side. Confidence slowly built up inside of me as I thought to myself, You think I'd give up my trip around the world just to get treated like this? I don't think so, Nakiri. In contrast, the guy simply asked, "So I can just make whatever I want?"

This guy is SERIOUSLY chill as fuck.

~

// inside the kitchen //

Totsuki's kitchens are ENORMOUS.

Stoves lined every inch of the wall on one side of the spacious kitchen. The one opposite to it contained shelves and cabinets which were probably filled with tens of thousands of pans, pots and every kind of cookware you could possibly imagine. To the left and the right, a myriad of kitchen utensils were hung on racks; in the middle, dozens of cooking stations in silver could be seen. However, one cooking station stood out. It was filled with the basic ingredients that the secretary rolled out for Erina. The same ingredients that we were about to use.