chapter 4 // the tree-o cake

.・゜゜・ Recap from the previous chapter ・゜゜・.

Erina took another bite of the soufflé and she was immediately transported to a make-believe world where coffee, cocoa and habanero peppers lived together in delicious, perfect harmony. Safe to say, Erina thought the dish was something that her palate found a surprise, and surely enjoyed. It was extraordinary.

A smile formed on Erina's lips. "A pleasant surprise, Dojima-san. See you at Totsuki. You passed."

After Alyson's deliberation was done, it was time for Soma's.

"It should be done.. Just about any second now.." Soma reassured, chopping up who-knows-what. A smug smile, similar to the one Alyson wore, was present on his features. Soma Yukihira, just what sort of food card trick do you intend to make?, Erina thought.

~

"DISGUSTING!!!!!!!" Erina bellowed like a freaking lion.

"WHAAAAAAAATTTT???" Soma yelled. His aura suddenly turned black and blue, and I swear his face anime-dropped to the floor.

Soma. did. NOT. fucking. pass.

HOW COULD THAT BE???? I actually thought that Erina would give him a free pass since she did eat more than just one bite!! And more so, she seemed to enjoy it!!! She was trying to hide it though, that was for sure. She was barely holding it together with those buckled knees while clinging on to the cooking station.

Soma and I got left in the kitchen since Erina stormed out of the kitchen after judging Soma's dish, her secretary following close behind. I turned to Soma and realized that I have not properly introduced myself. "Hey there. The name's Alyson." I greeted with a smile. "Mind if I taste your dish?" Soma looked at me and gave a boyish grin. "Soma Yukihira. And yes, go ahead. Can I taste yours too?" I nodded and we exchanged dishes.

~

The old man entered the kitchen once the two teenagers left. He held the files of both students in his hand, one marked with a red fail, and the other one marked with a green pass.

First, he headed to the dish of the student who passed. He picked up a spoonful of the soufflé and took a bite of it. As if by sheer force, his robe started to unravel, revealing a toned chest. He smirked with eyes closed, savoring the flavor present in the dish. Excellent, as expected of a Dojima. He looked at the document of the passing student and nodded in approval.

He fixed his robe and proceeded to the next dish. The dish of the student who his granddaughter failed. He picked up the chopsticks and placed a mouthful of the coated rice into his mouth. The same thing happened with his recently fixed robe. He chuckled lowly and stared at the file of the red-haired boy. Oh Erina, I know you thought this dish was delicious. But why fail him? He crumpled the file with the red fail as if it was insignificant, his low chuckle turning into a full-blown chuckle of a madman. Marvelous. Joichiro has raised his son well. This kid will surely follow in his father's footsteps.

● ・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・● ・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○

// @ the Totsuki Academy //

Cherry blossoms were in full bloom, its flowers falling down like snow in the winter as Totsuki opened its doors once again.

The start of a new school year.