chapter 2 // next stop: totsuki???

"You know the place where I work at, right?" "Totsuki? What about it?" "Before you leave for your worldwide trip, I have a pretty big condition for you..." "Oh no... no!!!!" I shout. This can't be happening!!! I've already packed for Paris. All that packing was actually for..... no!! This can't be!!

"Yes Sunny, you're gonna have to go through Totsuki first before getting that trip around the world."

  ●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・● ・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○ 

// 2 weeks later //

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING.

I should be on a plane to Europe right now! Instead, I'm stuck inside a car being driven by my dad to Totsuki. What could I possibly learn there that I wouldn't learn outside in the real world??

"So Alyson, I know that this wasn't what you were expecting but--"

"Dad, just don't. My heart physically hurts right now and I'm not even joking." I say in the most dramatic tone I could.

He laughed while shaking his head. "Totsuki is a great place for you to build a foundation for yourself. It is where I started, after all."

"But what could I possibly learn and experience there that the real world wouldn't offer??" I say, exasperated. He can't be serious, right???

"A high school experience unlike any other, Sunny." He said. "Tell you what, I'm not saying no to that worldwide trip. In fact, I even encourage it. But first...."

"What now, pops??" "You have to graduate from Totsuki." "What??? But that's gonna take me years!!!!!" "Europe and the rest of the world won't go anywhere, but there are still things that you have to learn before going on that trip!!"

We continued going back and forth until we finally reached Totsuki and with dad being, well, dad, he had the final say. I got out of the car and was about to go inside the campus when dad rolled down his window and called out to me. "Get through Totsuki and we have a done deal, Sunny! I'm counting on you! I heard the judge for your entrance exam is gonna be tough."

I rolled my eyes and turned around to look at him. "Oh please. Are you seriously doubting my skills right now, pops?" He chuckled, waved goodbye, and rolled up his window. "I never did. That's exactly why you need to go to Totsuki."

~

*sigh* So this is it, huh. The entrance exam. Whoever that judge is that dad said's gotta prepare his taste buds because I'm about to give him the best dish of his life.

OH WHO AM I KIDDING, I'M ACTUALLY FEELING A BIT NERVOUS RIGHT NOW!!! I can't get rejected!!!!! Although I feel confident with my skills in cooking, I still have an idea about Totsuki's reputation. Dad did say that it's just as tough as the real world. Only about a hundred advance from the first years while more or less than ten (i'm not even kidding, it's really just ten) get the chance to graduate, and those who do graduate immediately get huge opportunities in the culinary world. My dad is skilled (and lucky) enough to have graduated from Totsuki. If my dishes have somehow passed his standards, then that means that my stay here is gonna be a breeze, right?