twenty two

"are you sure that's all?" mia asks, rubbing her hands together. her hair was tied in a loose ponytail and she wore a large flannel.

"yep." i sighed, my hands on my hips. i had beads of sweat dripping down my face as i packed up all my things in a moving truck. "thank you for helping me." i tell her, glad she's here since aria and isabelle couldn't make it.

"are you kidding? i probably won't see you for a very long time. i wasn't going to miss saying goodbye to you.." she explains, a sad look on her face.

embracing me in a hug, a sigh escapes from her lips. i hug her back tightly, tears almost forming. "i'll miss you. if you need anything i'll always be here, stuck in this shitty town." she says, laughing.

mia works for a large company here in our town. she only just started small, grabbing coffees and food for the employees there, but i have faith that she'll move forward from there.

i chuckled, "i'll bring you some souvenirs."

separating from our hug, she holds both my hands in hers. i glance up at her face to see her crying. the sight made my heart ache.

"you know i love you right?" she asks.

"of course," i chuckled, a gloss overcoming my eyes, "if you didn't you wouldn't have stuck with me all those years."

she laughs, "damn. a rough five years we had.."

i smile, hugging her one last time before telling her i have to go now. she nods, allowing me to step into the truck and leave.

as i pulled out of the driveway, i wave at her standing there. god, i'll miss everyone in this place.

my plan you ask? i'm gonna start on the east coast. maybe stop there and write a bit. then i'll fly over to italy, make a pit stop to paris and then eventually settling in rome. where i'll grow my business and write until the sun sets.

my plan is just a plan. all i have to do is make it come true. and that's what i intend to do.

i don't know when i'll come back to this town. i might not even think about it.

but i hope one day, i'll see all my friends and family again. because without them and their support, i'm almost lost.

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

this was a very very short filler to show that cassandra is pursuing her dream of moving elsewhere to write.

more coming very soon

PEACE