Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, this seat's taken. You can sit beside Ilhoon at the back." He pointed out the empty seat beside Ilhoon.

"Really?" I tried to act cute. At first Peniel was taken aback but he still didn't gave up the seat.

"Hello. Long time no see." Ilhoon chirpily greeted me once I sat beside him.

I playfully rolled my eyes but chuckled anyway.

"Kyeopta." Ilhoon smiled and looked outside.

"Stop doing that." I whispered to him.

"Doing what?" He whispered back and leaned closer to me.

"That. Whatever that is you're doing." I scoot a little bit away from him since there's really not enough space to move further.

"Oh. Flirt with you? I can't help it. Besides, you're really beautiful and cute. I can't do anything about that. Sorry." He grinned and continues to watch the streets.

"Shut up." I tried to hide my smile. I don't know. But it feels weird - in a good way.

"Everyone. Bogum Hyung had an urgent meeting so he can't come with us. But he said that the place was reserved and everything will be under his name." Sungjae announced while reading something on his phone. Probably Bogum.

"Thank God. He's too annoying." Ilhoon said quietly but I heard him.

"Free foooooood." Changsub screamed happily while the rest of us laughed.

We arrived at the place that Bogum was talking about.

"Omo. I know this place!" I exclaimed. Everyone looked at me.

"R-really? How??" Ilhoon looked shocked but his eyes gleamed. His voice sounded excited. Weird.

"I ate here last Christmas after I went shopping." I simply answered.

"Oh.." Ilhoon said sounding disappointed.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" I asked him as we went out of the van.

"Nothing." He smiled at me then gestured for me to walk first.

"Annyeonghaseyo Imo!" Sungjae happily walked in and greeted the people inside.

"Oh. Sungjae~ssi!" The old lady immediately recognized Sungjae.

"Bogum Hyung said that he rented the whole place for tonight?" Sungjae approached the lady.

They seem really close. I suddenly remembered what the old lady said. Boyfriend? Do I really have one? Maybe an ex now?

"Pfft.. impossible." I said to myself.

"What's impossible?" Changsub appeared beside me.

"Oh. Nothing." I answered. I looked behind him and saw that Ilhoon is not yet inside. He's walking back and forth as if he was talking to himself. So, I decided to come out.

"Ilhoon~ah..eotteohgehaeyahaji? This can't be happening now. She'll recognize us. Think Ilhoon.. think." Ilhoon muttered to himself.

"Ilhoon? Are you okay?"

"Oh! Kamjagiya!" He literally jumped out of shock. I laughed and went closer to him.

"Why are you not going inside? It's cold outside. Come on." I told him and gestured for him to come inside.

Ilhoon just looked into my hand. He's acting weird again. I waited for him to respond but it's like his mind is somewhere else. I waved my hand in front of his face.

"Uh. O-okay." He hesitantly walked towards me.

The rest of the group were already seated when we arrived inside. I looked at Ilhoon who's still looking nervous.